• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help with 68XL

ThirstyBoots440

Local Trash Talker
Oct 27, 2011
Richmond, VA
I've got a PC68XL that powers up, but no TX or RX, does change the indicator light and PA works as normal, but there's just no audio either way. Any suggestions?

Check for broken legs on the audio chip that is mounted on the side of the chassis. It has 10 pins. If thats OK then start pushing on the board and making it flex a bit. Do this with something that is not metal or your finger. If it comes to life when flexing the board in different places then you have a cold solder joint and the fun is finding it and touching up the solder.

Hope this helps. This is what I find to be the problem with a lot of the older rigs.

68 xl

have the same problem with my 76 it works after a few minuets of warm up doesnt work when cold was told abou the same thing check points good luck too many for me to check gave it a try

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.