• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

help with a cb jerk

1.Junk radio that works.
1.solid state flasher relay.
1.old big tool box.
1.Big fat rubber band.
1.used car battery that will still hold a charge.
1.Junk mag mount antenna.
Camo spray paint or the ability to climb a tree.

Install radio and battery inside of big tool box, wire flasher relay on power+ of battery connections. Attach antenna on outside and camo spray paint unit. Turn unit on and make sure unit ticks just like the flasher on your car. Select channel where jerk likes to stay. Charge battery overnight. Locate closest possable drop location by jerk, get really close. Hide unit in bushes or up in a tree. Turn unit power on and select channel. Wrap rubber band around mic causing flashing dead key. Enjoy the three days you have knocking out jerks receive, if close enough bleed over will have taken out all forty channels. Recharge and repeat untill he is a good boy.
This works, ask me how I know!
There are a few problems with this. It's not a bad idea, just a bit large and may be discovered.

Using a 100mw or 1/10 of a watt walkie-talkie insures that the only person affected will be the jerk. A 1/10th of a watt radio will successfully jam only the jerk; or do you want to tick everybody off? . Who needs to ruin everybody else's use of that channel when it can be avoided by using a low-power radio up close! If one uses a radio as you specify; one would also need to turn the power output way, way down. If said jerk should find it -likely cause its a large setup- he gets a free radio, a battery, and antenna for his troubles. If he should find a $2 walkie-talkie -which is much harder to do- he has no bragging rights...

Small is stealthy!

Im found a old rc car remote that hasa 27.145 chip just found a 27.185 on ebay for 3 bucks. change it that should work it puts out a whine

Im found a old rc car remote that hasa 27.145 chip just found a 27.185 on ebay for 3 bucks. change it that should work it puts out a whine

Oh God those things are horrendous for being wideband garbage emitters. Several years ago I was on 6m trying to enjoy a rare and very strong band opening but the band was being being QRM'ed badley by a raspy tone that was all over the bottom 200 KHz of the band. It was the strongest with the 6 element yagi pointed directly at the neighbors house. I was all fired up and ready to head over to Tim's place and let him have it. There is no love lost between us anyway due to various issues not the least of which involved his dog and my wife's flower gardens, so armed with a copy of my license and a copy of the rules regarding interference from an unlicensed unit to a licensed operator I headed out the door. One last look up at the tower and it hit me. The direction to Tim's house was also directly back over my own house. I grabbed a handheld scanner and tuned it to the 6m band and went all thru the house. Eventually I found one of the kids RC toy remotes in the toy box with a button jammed ON. The RC remote was on 49.890 MHz with QRM all the way to 50.200 MHz. By the time I resolved the issue the band was dead.:headbang

It's like C.K. said - you would just ruin it for everybody by doing this. No one could use the channel. Think of the expense involved too.

If you have someone handy with working on radios - do the walkie-talkie mod. It won't mess with your radio or anybody else's radio either. The 100mw/1/10 of a watt set on the right freq will only affect him - not everybody else. If he has a lot of trees around/near him - this idea will work out for you. It is pretty cheap to accomplish - and you can always save it for another day if such a thing should happen again.

There are worse things to do - and I know a bunch of them - but I ain't gonna say.
Neither do I promote this behavior - although I can appreciate your dilemma fully...
I had a friend do this, and we helped make it happen - but don't do it if you run the risk of entering private property or get injured in the process!!!

I fail to understand your comment. How would keying up several thousand watts close enough to the jerks antenna for a few seconds ruin it for everyone??????? It only takes a couple seconds to blow the final/driver/predriver out of the radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.