• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

help with a galaxy 77

southerntrucker

rebel child
Jan 29, 2012
texas, the good ole south
Hey gus/gals. Iv came across an old galaaxy dx77. I found it in a barn but the inside still looks brand new. But the outside is pretty dirty. Anywho, i hooked it up and eveything comes on but im haveing the same probblem with this radio as i did my cobra base. When i key up it shows nothing on the meter. I can bearly here anything in my receive and when i talk in the radio, the factory talk back is as quiet as can be. eveything looks to be on on the inside, so im thinkin it might be the finals. i still have the board from my northstar 880 and was thinkin about taking the finals from that radio and putting them in the galaxy. Id really like to get this ole radio up and runnin again. I want to give it to my grandfatherr for his birthday. So he can have a decent radio in his big truck. Thanks eveyone.

At this point check the easy things. Try a different mic, check the radio settings, plug in an external speaker, and make sure your antenna system is in order. Low receive will have nothing to do with the finals.

Reactions: 1 person
I guess im just gonna give up on this ole radio. Iv replaced all the finals and still no tx. Plus i figured out that the rx it 2 channels off freq. Guess it just sat in the barn too long. Owellll. Sucks though cause i really like these ole radios.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.