• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

help with monkey made

kdrury70

Jan 6, 2009
i want to know how people keep big antennas from coming loose. this one after about 50 miles will get a little loose.

The monkey made is one of the heaviest antennas out there so a sturdy mount is essential.

2 mounts come to mind and I have personal experience with and both are excellent.

First the I-10k mount, view at the bottom of the following link and either version works well with most standard mirror mounts.
Predator 10-K - Discounted Antenna Products

This is the heaviest mirror mount barjan makes and it will hold just about any antenna.

Astatic A100MM Monster Mirror Mount

im just going to move the mount down and build a strain releif mount to hold it at about 6 inches above the bottom mount.

im just going to move the mount down and build a strain releif mount to hold it at about 6 inches above the bottom mount.
Be sure to keep the coil section of the antenna above the roof line as radiates a lot of rf and you may experience swr issues that may or may not destroy your radio.

i got a MFJ-259 to check it with. so it shouldn't be a problem. i'm going to build a small mount like my screwdriver antenna to hold that thing in place.

monkey made

I use stainless steel mounting studs made by Jerry Cash @ 330-896-3485. My antennas are heavier than the monkey made because mine are made out of stainless and copper, and mine never come loose. You could try a drop of loctite threadlocker also.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.