• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HF-vertical + 11meter opptional??

47RSN061

Mar 14, 2008
Aalborg. in Denmark.
Hi!!

Im looking for an vertical hf-antenna with 11meter on, or can be modyfied for it. I want something else than the GPM1500 vertical. Groundmounted with 20 radials, 2 meter each.(im not shure if this an good idea for this antenna)

Why not put up an extra antenna?
1 antenna in the garden maximum 9meters tall , and one at the roof top.
then nobody complaines

any suggestions??

Need a few questions answered.

Does the antenna have to be resonant? Or will you use an antenna coupler?

What HF bands do you want to use the vertical on?

Will it be ground mounted or raised vertical?

Favorites: 20-30-40meters

it doesn't have to be resonant on all bands, i could use the smarttuner from sgc, but i would prefer to managed it with an inbuild tuner in my hf-radio.

Resonant on 11meter, bandwidth 400khz.

A ground mounted antenna solution would be my choice,

Exactly what I was thinking binrat.

The 43 foot vertical will play well down to 15 meters, after that 12/11/10 meters will have some very high angle lobes due to the vertical being longer than a wl in length for those freq.

Ground mounted will not be so good for the higher hf frequencies but you will be able to make some contacts.

If any way you could get a 20 meter full wave loop, maybe around the eaves of the garage or house? that would work well for upper HF freqs.

Does not need to be purchased.

If you have a tree in the garden that has height of 43 foot or higher you can build your own vertical for a lot less than buying one.

KL7JR 2 Band Wire Vertical - HF Wire Vertical Antenna Project 20 and 17 Meters

Here is an idea of homebrew vertical. Have fun and enjoy.

Last edited:
You have a tuner in your radio and an SGC tuner. Put down a few radials and the longes vertical or inverted 'L' you can and work almost any band you want. Put the SGC at the base of the antenna over those radials.
- 'Doc

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.