• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

High Speed Meteor Shower

Skip Talker

Apr 7, 2005
Any body try this yet? It’s an easy way for a no code to make DX contacts on 6 and 2 meters. With my minimum set up, 10 elements and 100 watts on 2 meters have made contacts around 800~1000 miles. Though the contacts are the minimum required.

www.vhfdx.de/wsjt/

</p>

I've done this in the past with good results, the contacts are short but you can make some good distant contacts. Just aim the antenna into the path of the shower and crank up the amp. It helps if you have your beams on a az/el rotor so you can shoot you signal into the scatter paths. A CP antenna helps to but the contacts are too short to really worry about it. I never tried 432 for this but I'll bet it would work too. Watch this spring for thermal ducting to start opening up the 2 meter band. This can be fun skip to. Here's a link to a Ducting forcast site. Have Fun !!!

Jonbah

www.iprimus.ca/~hepburnw/tropo.html

CDX-22

PA-125

OT-125</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.