• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Highpowered Diesel Truck

bigred222

Key Up City Radio
Aug 28, 2006
Stamford, CT
www.cbjunk.com
Ok Heres the deal. What i would like to know is... If i ever got the money to do so. i think running a big ac box would be PERFECT for the excursion and my 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel. My personal excursion does 340hp and 820LB/Ft Torque Which i dont know but im gonna guess would not have much problem keeping those alternators moving QUITE WELL.

PROBLEM the diesel REDLINES at 3500rpm

Possible solution
Is there any way to belt up the alternators so you could get them to spin alot faster than the motor. Has anoyone ever done this???
Thanks guys
73's
202 Constitution state

I would think this problem would be easily solved with big and small pulleys.

Big and small pulleys will work but you shouldnt need to use them. The alternators will put out full output at a relatively low RPM

If you have any good alternator/starter/battery shops around your area, they should be able to give you the knowledge you desire.

You better really be on your game to go AC in the mobile. While it can be done it's not the best way to go big in the mobile for an every day driver winter or summer. You might look at a motor maul run with an 8 or 16 pill.

I think the problem would be better solved with a Cummins/Onan 5Kw generator set under the hood. Just kiddin', or am I ???
LOL. :LOL: 8) ;)

Seroiusly, a set of under/overdrive pulleys might help get the alternator to spin faster. Otherwise, you'll need a few more batteries in the back.

What are you doing to keep the RF out of everything. I have an S9 into 2x2290's into 8x2879's and a very well grounded system, and I have some RF issues.

This is in a 2003 F350 SD CC with the 7.3

high power mobile

Id talk to the guys on the x force sight they could probley help yu out as well if thats a new enough excursion that thing should have 2 200 amp alts in it usally you get you best amps at like 1500 rpms change out your batteris to to yellow top optimuns ground every orfus on it and run a nice 16 pill amp and a antenna reflector on the back of your rig

My 7.3 Stumbles a bit on anything over 400 watts.

When I go SSB on my little amp I am pushing 550watts and I get RF into the mix somewhere and it causes the engine to stumble (idle down) when keying up and modulating. On low and med power no problems though.

I have grounded most everything. I just dont run more than 400watts anymore. I cant figure out where the problem is.

Cold Beer said:

When I go SSB on my little amp I am pushing 550watts and I get RF into the mix somewhere and it causes the engine to stumble (idle down) when keying up and modulating. On low and med power no problems though.

I have grounded most everything. I just dont run more than 400watts anymore. I cant figure out where the problem is.

My guess is that RF is getting into the engine control module, or its sensors. You may need to add RF shielding and/or filtering to the wiring of those items.

DTB Radio said:
Cold Beer said:

My guess is that RF is getting into the engine control module, or its sensors. You may need to add RF shielding and/or filtering to the wiring of those items.

Dang that sucks. Now i see why everyone who runs high power uses an 88' suburban :LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.