• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

hijack a fast food drive-thru with a CB radio

The sad thing is that there people who believe what he does in the video is possible.A crystal in a toaster? :headbang A CB able to retune to VHF simply by changing a crystal? :headbang Somehow AM mode magically converting itself to FM? :headbang

BTW I recognize his voice as the same idiot that made a video about how to retrieve all the drycell batteries out of your car battery.D cells I believe he said were in them. I have heard that people were injured by the acid trying that shit.He also made the video about converting a Minimag flashlight into a laser using the laser diode from a DVD player. It too was a crock. The DVD laser is not powerfull enough to do what he claimed but it will damage your eyes.

I used to take my barefooted Realistic TRC-52 with a HyGain Hellcat IV antenna and order food from the Sonic as I rode through the parking lot. I'd make another round in 5 minutes or so and they would bring it out to me. Late night before closing time I'd do the same thing and the manager would meet me out back with setups.....of course he always brought an extra drink for himself to get a toddy.

There's no way that "how to" video works. Even forgetting about the magic AM to FM conversion and the antenna problems, there's no way it works. I'm not going to take the time to do the math to see if his crystal change results in the correct frequency range, but even if it did, the band pass filter in the CB isn't going to let much out at that frequency. These guys just messed with the drive through using their VX-7 and then made up a goofy video to make people believe you could do it using a CB and a toaster. Their whole website is about messing with people, readers of the site included.

i was thinking it wouldnt work because a cb antenna wont tune that high and would burn the radio up with high swr . thought some of y'all might like ripping it also .

Shucks..........................I guess my wife is going to kill me when she comes home and finds the toaster in a 1000 pieces. I better get to work and put it back together.:headbang

BC(y)

The only thing you could bleed into at a fast food drive through is the actual speaker's they use, not the frequency they talk on.

i can imagine that conversation in jail now....
whar r u n here for ?
i moded my cb to talk on the drive through at a restaurant .
commere boy....i got a microphone you can talk on !!!

Ummm, not all fast food joints are FM or even VHF...

At one point they were very close to the 30Mhz frequencies...anyone remember when cordless phones were in the 49 Mhz range? I do, and it wasn't that long ago...

I have talked through the intercom at a local McDonalds, both the customer and the server heard me talking. And that was with nothing more than a barefoot Kraco Super Deluxe and a simple Radio Shack gutter-mounted antenna. I also came through my friend's cordless phone...

Just because one or two fast food joints have VHF and FM doesn't mean they all do...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.