• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Home brew base ant!!!

oh ... many thanks for your advice Sir...

the price is arround 75.000 rupiah per each for bracket (arround) USD 7.5, for shipping cost i will ask to DHL or post, maybe tommorow i will ask to Courier like DHL or anything the cheaper one. but can you send detail for your address ? i wil ask to DHL for ETA (estimate time to arrive) on California.

and thanks for Mr Hoomer to for all advice i will try on saturday and report to all of you.... thanks

Note : for matching antenna we should be use Grounded attached or not please advice

Dear Mr Homer ..

Thanks for your information, i attached the radial if matching process, i have confuse for that, because some my local people for matching antenna especialy groudplane type with radial almost not attached the radial ground.

thanks for your kind attention

HomerBB

Is correct on the measurement of the coil to use.

Yes put the ground radials on the antenna for tuning.

You may have to attach one end of the coil (inductor) to your ground radial hub and the other to your vertical radiating element.

tap the coil at center and then adjust from there for lowest VSWR, once you get your VSWR the lowest it will go then adjust the vertical height by shortening it or lengthening it for broadband purposes.

all antenna installations are different and each will require a little different tuning but the basics are the same.
attached is pic of inductor type match I experimented well,it worked fine and you can see it is copper wire 1 1/2 inch inside diameter and how it attaches to ground and the radiating element.

If you attach one side to your ground element hub and the other side to your vertical element then tap it , the VSWR should fall into place.

Once you get it adjusted ues a liquid tape electrician type to seal all solder joints and then varnish or paint the copper wire for weather proofing.

Let us know how it turns out.

Attachments

• 58 vert yagi prototype 003.jpg
    58 vert yagi prototype 003.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 5

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.