• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Honor All silent Keys,and old gear night

BJ radionut

Supporting Member and 6m addict
May 9, 2008
35 miles East of Indianapolis
Again this,New Years Eve
8 pm EST....3.865mHz
Listen also at 3.863 if Qrn is bad...Net controllers from Mi,Fl,Oh,Wi and Ind....will be on-board to help with check-in's

1-There will be a moment of silence observed for ALL SILENT KEYS...We will take check-in's after the main list is read. So Please check-in and give us names and call signs of SK Hams you wish us to remember.

2- We also will take check-in's from operators running older Radios and equipment ,of course all rigs are welcome, regardles of age.

Fire those tube radios up and make them glow in the dark.

3- Any swl's can call me at 810-686-8444 prior to net time with calls to add to the main list, any suggestions from anyone are appreciated.
One year, we had over a 100 people check in,wow.
And of course we may need relays,if conditions are bad,so feel free to help, it will be appreciated.
Happy New Year All.
Don,
w8ns
w8ns@charter.net

Reprinted from QTH.com
Happy New Year:D
All the Best
W9FNB...Gary(BJ)

Sounds great.

I will have to warm up the Swan 700CX and check into the net.

That TS-520 has tube finals, Seems like it would qualify for old gear, dare I say vintage?

I have an TS-820 rescued from the garbage dump, no BS really my friend found it in the dump.

Long story short that old rig came back to life after a new driver tube and many hours aligning it. Great recieve on those old Kenwoods.

I put an VFO stabilizer in the Swan 700CX, after a five minute warm up it stays right on freq.

I listen in to the Swan vintage user net 14.250 every Sunday at 5PM EST, it is a lot of fun to sit there and listen to them try to find each other on freq. But what a signal those old rigs put out.

Remembering SK Hams/Old Rig Night/Follow UP

I was chatting with Don this morning....We could be operating from 3.863-3.868mHz...early in the evenings on 3865 we get a big "Wind Tunnel" Qrn and it can get Huge! So we may move up or down in freq a little to be able to hear the check-ins...We will be taking check-ins possibly by Call Area...this way the the op's can all listen with different antennas for everyone.
I will be using my Phased Dipoles(Backfired Array). I also have a very low Delta Loop antenna(35 ft Apex/corners about 15ft), I will have on-line to try and help out...

Yes the 520's/82(3)0's qualify....I was trying to bring my SWAN 700S on-line for tonight but just have not had time to re-neutralize the new finals since I ran it through the tube checkers.
I will be using my restored(1967) S#749...Drake L4B amplifier though...

Don will be using Collins KWM-2A and L4B from Mi.....Op in Fla has antennas at like 80+ ft high he can switch different directions(4/100ft towers)...Plus all the other guys listening...
All are welcome!
All the Best(y)
Gary(BJ) W9FNB

Again this,New Years Eve
8 pm EST....3.865mHz
Listen also at 3.863 if Qrn is bad...Net controllers from Mi,Fl,Oh,Wi and Ind....will be on-board to help with check-in's

1-There will be a moment of silence observed for ALL SILENT KEYS...We will take check-in's after the main list is read. So Please check-in and give us names and call signs of SK Hams you wish us to remember.

2- We also will take check-in's from operators running older Radios and equipment ,of course all rigs are welcome, regardless of age.

Fire those tube radios up and make them glow in the dark.

3- Any swl's can call me at 810-686-8444 prior to net time with calls to add to the main list, any suggestions from anyone are appreciated.
One year, we had over a 100 people check in,wow.
And of course we may need relays,if conditions are bad,so feel free to help, it will be appreciated.
Happy New Year All.
Don,
w8ns
w8ns@charter.net

Reprinted from QTH.com
Happy New Year:D
All the Best
W9FNB...Gary(BJ)

Callsign kc2ost
First Name John
Last Name Dean
Address PO BOX 191
City CARTERET
State NJ
Zip 07008
Country United States
Latitude 40.584894
Longitude -74.234297
Grid Square FN20vo
County Middlesex
Effective 2008-03-12
Expires 2015-10-07
Class T
Codes HAI
QSL Info Silent Key
Email Address kc2ost@comcast.net
GMT Offset -5

SK Ham List

MACK: This one you would like added to the SK list?
That call sounds familiar to me for some reason...
All the Best
Gary

Sorry Mack just seen the SK notation...He's on my list...when they get to me...Thanks/Gary

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.