• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HOUSTIN......WE HAVE A PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey frmboybuck, I just saw at the CE section that he does in fact remove the Top Gun when he tunes an S9 so yours is gone as well I would venture to say. I am sure your S9 sounds great all the same, if you ever try to sell it that might be an issue.

I should have just sold the S3 here and advertised it as a Justin tuned 50 watt radio and left it at that. Oh well.

You know what? If the radio is supposed to have it and it scrambles the scope to he!! when I turn it on then that is how I want it to be. That is what I paid for and that is what the radio is supposed to do. That goes for the speech processor too and I have heard that sucker and it sounds great.
If I paid money for a clean (on the scope) radio when the top gun is off why disable or remove it?
Just because you don't agree with it or like it or did not develope it does not give you the right to remove it.
Justin, I understand you are key in the developement of the Stryker radios. I am sure they will be awesome and I am waiting for them to come out. That said would it be right to you to if someone removed components that you built into the radio? What?, was the Top Gun feature kept as a secret when the radio was built?....If it offends you fair enough. You at least owe it to the customer to let them know that you removed it completely.

Yup I have seen more than one spot where it is removed... And if the radio is better ...

To each his own. It's like sending a radio out for a P&T and complaining the inside VR's were tampered with afterward. Same thing- Radio is now not what you paid for... Yet many times if sent to the factory it is reset to original factory specs.

The man posts this all over the place... It is part of his P&T ... It's not a secret.

If my radio came back a screamer and a good talker... I obviously got what I paid for... All without the help of some gimmick that did not make the radio nearly as good as before.

I would not loose a minutes sleep over Justin working on my equipment.

Just my 1 Watts worth... Which ain't much.

" It's like sending a radio out for a P&T and complaining the inside VR's were tampered with " I think there is a big difference between adjusting the VR's and Removing them.

" The man posts this all over the place... It is part of his P&T ... It's not a secret. " I have seen this posted one time here recently.

" If my radio came back a screamer and a good talker " Yes it is a good talker which is great, if you actually read the posts though you would see that my PPE modded Delta out talks it. It was also doing 38-40 on a bird, my Delts does 35-36 on the same Bird. It was claimed to be doing 51 watts.

Now I really want to see one of these 50 watt modded Cobra 25 / 29's actually do 50 watts.

If anyone spends any time on this forum you will see that I have backed Justin, Communication Experts, and F & G in lots of threads. I have suggested them as the place to send a radio on this forum and other radio forums. I had very high expectations when I got this radio one of which was to be able to see it with my own eyes smack the 50 watt mark on a Bird 43P. And then switch the Top Gun on and see it do the same from a 2 watt dead key just like the owners manual says.

And in another post it was stated it talked better than the Delta...

Hmmmm

"Man this radio has ears and very little noise compared to my Delta Force.....wow. Alot of the locals say it actually sounds better then my Delta, smoother and more natural. Heck even with an RK-56 I have to keep the mic gain at 1:00. One loud talking radio for sure, thanks Taz and nice tune Justin."

Rest my case.... If you want the radio Optimized... It's optimized.

Sounds like he did his job and made it the best it could possibly be..

"Sounds like he did his job and made it the best it could possibly be.."
What?? explain how removing a feature of a radio makes the radio better.

OK, you don't like it, you think it is a joke, it makes the radio dirty on the scope, slam it all you want to your customers in anyway you want but why remove it? Seems a bit arrogant to to me.
So now Butcher goes to sell the radio. It is supposed to have the top gun feature in it. The person who wants to buy it asks him about it. He says "well it was removed by the tech who did the tune up, he didn't like it.".........awkward silence..... "So"?.............
It is not the same radio anymore. It has been devalued plain and simple.
A feature has been removed, again regardless of your thoughts about it a feature of the radio has been removed.
Again, lets really think about it, why was it removed?
The only justification for removing a feature from a radio is if the customer asks for it or it is harming the radio.
The most that should have happened is that it should have been disabled. Then at least the person who ownes it or purchases it later can reconnect it if they want.

nomadradio said:
"Top Gun" is "NPC/RC", but with black gunk slapped onto it. Best removed if anyone will be listening to the transmitter. Makes a wattmeter happy, but not the folks listening to the radio.

That pretty much sums it up on those radios ...at least to my ear holes .....Justin said ..........CB Radio is the ONLY radio service that people make up their own rules as they go along, and people know how to market these products accordingly to you. I see it every day. ........this is a very true statement ....the question there after is ? are those folks happy customers towards others that did the work for them ? .....I'd have to say a big YES to that one !! (more so then not anyway) It's your way or the highway Justin ? ....I hate to dissapoint you here dude ....but it isn't !! I can personally respect your work and your pleased to do customers ....this part is all good with me.......it's your own personal finger pointing at others that tends to turn me off .....folks sound the way they want to sound , weather a scope or you say other wise ....swing this swing that .....is the customer happy ? .....Did you get your money ? Did the others doing what they do get there money ? You tend to be very full of yourself Justin when it comes to this stuff .....I said in a few other posts that I personally thought it might do you some good (as well as others) to humble thy self .....but IM starting to think as you put it yourself that you tend not to feel so warm and fuzzy after my posts ? ......My post are not designed to make you feel uncomfortable with yourself ....just my opinion.....and we all know what there like ,right ? ....for the last 2 or 3 years I've sent many a driver and operator down your way (FG-Best) .....I've personally had a conversation with you on the phone a few years ago and it pretty much summed up what you just said in your past post .....it's about attitude towards others here and about what they do and what you supposedly don't do .....you prop yourself up ,the better then thou attitude ......as I said before ...I don't doubt your work in the least or your pat on the back happy customers .....as long as you choose to do that , you totally lack in the humility department )-: you should do what you do and quit putting down others for what they do. You tend to remind me of a very good tech that past on not to long ago from out your way in So.Cal ......he felt a lot like you do Justin .....the only differance was, he seemed to be more so humble about it then not. .....Good luck with your trade there Butch ,I hope it all works out for both parties.

I'm off to the Post office to ship her out. I would like to thank all the forum members that e-mailed me and messaged me about this issue and agreed with me. Most also wanted to keep it on the side so as not to start a pissing match. I understand.
One guy made a valid point to me. The box says," Magnum Exclusive Features - Availiable Only in Magnum Radios! Top Gun Technologies MD-1 and CP-1 Compressor Circuits." When you yank the Compressor and Top Gun you might as well have bought a Connex, General Lee, Galaxy 33 because there go your Exclusive features.
Very good post there Switch Kit, that says alot. I'm done with this thread, later on all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.