• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How bad is it in your area?

I'm in and out of the Houston area all the time and there are plenty of turkeys on the radio. There are guys that have annoying key up toys from ding dongs to pacman sounds.
Then there are two or three guys that talk all day everyday but never say anything.

One guy is always saying 2 pill 2 pill 2 pill 2 pill mobile and I just got down.

Or. Tap tap tap tap tap

Or. Work truck work truck work truck just got down

Then the guy has this heeee heeee heee heee laugh that really makes him sound crazy. I think maybe he grew up around the LaPorte area and breathed too much chemical smoke as a kid

Again these few turkeys talk all day but never say anything.

The local scene isnt bad at all here. Mostly older guys that did the CB deal back in the day. You can sit and have a decent QSO on AM and not ever get interrupted. There are several that are getting back in CB after being inactive for a long time.

Cryin about no CBers in your area to talk to?

Don't you guys have any friends that have a single hobbyist bone in their body in your area?!? Do you have a spare radio -or six for that matter- that you can lend to any of them with the option to buy at a fair price and help them get started? If any of you can do this; then why not try? Easier to do than complain. You get to be their 'Elmer'; or Yoda if you prefer. You get to train them and help them get on the air.

Its funny how 2 people can get on the air and after a few nights of chit chat some of the ops who haven't been on the radio in a while chime right in.. Kinda like they come out of he woodwork and get active again.. Its happening here.

CB radio is dead here most of the time. With the exception there's 2 guys on 38 LSB, one 10 miles west from me and the other 30 miles west from me, and another 20 miles east of me on 35...and maybe one gal a few miles south of me...and then you have the occasional truck driver passing thru....other than that, CB is 95% of the time, dead silence.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.