• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How do i get face plate off older cobra 29gtl

cjruger

Aug 13, 2012
Looking to clean up and replace the power meter in a older 29 gtl. Only problem is the led lights for tx and rx are sort of pressed in, is there a trick to getting them out other than cutting their wires?

pressed in? what u mean? the leds are soldered into a board for tx there is some screws on the inside of the facemount where the anl switches are too

When i try to remove face plate, the only thing still attached is the wires to the 2 lights, on the inside the wires go into a round housing that the bulbs are in and appears to nexk down to a small diameter that is pressed into the face plate

When i try to remove face plate, the only thing still attached is the wires to the 2 lights, on the inside the wires go into a round housing that the bulbs are in and appears to nexk down to a small diameter that is pressed into the face plate

93049A23-6650-4BBB-9810-4FF7C77C5F72-795-0000009AA17839E3.jpg

They are just glued in with something like hot glue. The glue is not that strong and almost always allows you to pull the part out with the wires intact. You can push it through from the front too if you're worried about breaking the wires.

So the whole housing the bulb is in shoud push out? Its hard to push because the buld is sticking out and i already moved one of the bulbs back and the little green lens came off. Ill have to go at it again later tonight

As I recall the LED fits inside a black rubber grommet that probably looks like a "housing". They both come out of the panel as one piece. The glue they used looks like hot glue and has the same consistency but I don't believe it melts with heat so I would not use a soldering iron here.

Now im confused, so the wires and rubber gromet pull outaling with bulb and the round part they are in is part of face plate?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.