• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How many hams on the Worldwide Radio Forum?

new ticket

just got my tech (10.26.06), working on the code and almost finished with the general book, gonna take general next time i'm home and "try" the code, i drive otr, so will be home end of Nov. for other test...

Ham

As posted earlier here in Canada we have different setup for hams.I have the basic qualifications plus code which gives me access to all modes all bands.Back in 1992 when I wrote my test we had to have 12 wpm cw which for me was easy.Not sure what power levels we can run but I think its around 500 watts which is good enough for anyone.Code is lots of fun and is one of the most efficient modes of communications available. I enjoy cw but I had to work at it .
Bob CW 25 wpm

Advanced here in OZ.
Gives full access to all bands / modes and the max allowable power (which is 400W PEP).
Was only a Limited (VHF, UHF all mode / 400W and 10M FM) but the Gov. removed code for HF so got an automatic upgrade.
Never did learn CW...

Passed the written Element II @ Element III test on
4/24/2003.
License issued on 4/28/2003.

Like many of us who needed code to become a General
Class, will most likely need to take written test again.

I am ready for it and the Extra class also, so I can play on my
favorite haunt :) 20 meters of course with my ESP modified
Kenwood 530... Love those tubes ;)

BTW, for anyone using Jays I-10K antenna It is a perfect
quarter wave on 20 meters !! Just to listen of course...

Best Regards,
John

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.