• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How much hot should the finals get?

That s

That doesn't sound like anything to worry about. As long as your fan is running you should be fine.

You have an amp with 4 large bipolar transistors. To create power it takes energy which in turn creates heat.

Your deadkey is good and your amperage draw looks way better now. A high SWR can have some affect too.

Do you recall the radio getting just as hot previously?
Bias set too high on the radio finals?

The IRF520 is power hungry, and tends to make that part run hot even when bias is set correctly. 10 or 20 mA per final (on the radio pc board) is safer.

Lord knows if the BIAS is set incorrectly, the hi and low deadkey was and fourstringburn helped me make the relevant adjustments to normality in that area. It was deadkeying at 250W before with swing past 400W.
I wouldnt know how to check the BIAS level.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.