• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How to get the TH-D72A out of weather channel?

BladerunnerKC

Jan 11, 2012
I just got my Kenwood TH-D72A radio. I was going through the manual section on buttons and pressed PF. That takes me into the Weather Channels. That's good to know. But, now I can't get out of the weather channels back to a band.

How the heck do you get out of weather? I can't find anything in the manual about how to do that.

I have a very expensive weather radio right now!

TH-D72A

I did the same trying to find your proble,
this is what I did press VFO,ENT then put in a frequency.
I am learning also.
Jim KF7RIN

Yes!

As soon as I saw your response, I got my radio.

Thank You.

There is so much about this radio.

I haven't been able to get the software USB to Serial driver to load so I have only been able to play with the radio and the manual, that lacks a little.

th-d72a

The in depth manual is worth looking at. I waited to long to do it.
I don't think you have any memory channels entered in yours yet. After you get some,your local repeater or whatever. Try going to the memory channels from your weather. press MR. that will work also. Without any in I don't think the button does anything.
I just did the modification on mine.
Jim

I too am learning my th-d72a....:laugh:
It has a ton of differant features.(I am defeated...I have to read the darn manuals.)
ps....when you start using the mcp-4a program which has its "quirks",
always remember to open the previously saved data file when setting up new functionality (from your pc).....otherwise you will
replace the existing settings in your radio with a blank setup.:blush:

I finally got my software running. Yeah it's a little quirky. Thanks for the heads up. I did actually overlay my setup and lost some things already. Fortunately, I have only a little in my 72. I did get a shortcut laminated card from the local radio shop that I can carry with it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.