• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How to use IF output on redsun RP2100

PLAFETTE

Janie
Mar 3, 2009
Oregon
With a long wire external antenna , my new Redsun RP2100 "worldband" radio picks up some SSB but doesn't have a BFO. I have a BFO kit sitting around over here that I could put together, but there may be a shortcut. This radio has an Intermediate Frequency output terminal and I'm wondering if that is meant to be used in some way for SSB, and if so, exactly how I would go about doing that. In their infinite generosity, the writers of the manual for the radio say only "The user can use this 455kHz IF signal to extend the other features such as the SSB, CW, DRM, and SSTV etc" I do not find the word "extend" particularly enlightening.

Can anyone help me understand how to use this 455kHz output to sort out the SSB?

Thanks!
Priscilla

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.