• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR 2510 on EBay

Zman

K9FON
Nov 26, 2009
It always escapes me how this radio is banned in such a manner that no one can sell one NOT even a parts rig but other radios like Galaxys, Magnums, RCIs, ect ect will always never get the ax.... And to begin with the 2510 is used by quite a few hams as a LEGIT 10 meter rig!!!!!!:bored:

It always escapes me how this radio is banned in such a manner that no one can sell one NOT even a parts rig but other radios like Galaxys, Magnums, RCIs, ect ect will always never get the ax.... And to begin with the 2510 is used by quite a few hams as a LEGIT 10 meter rig!!!!!!:bored:

100% agreement on this! Makes no sense.... I believe it was 1992 when the FCC banned this rig and put it on the books and there it is today. Ebay follows the rules as it is an outlet close to retail (wholesale) sales and is a business. So it has to abide by this.... I guess the 2510 is a "poster child" for banned transceivers. I think it is in the watchdog of Ebay but not so with the other rigs. :confused:

73 mechanic

Yup, same for the Galaxy 99 and Texas Star amplifiers. Once in a while one sneeks past but not too often. The retired hamster police have alot of time on their hands.

Old story but still true today. For sellers there are ways-around. Don't list banned item name in Title but be sure to show good picture so browsers can see what is for sale.

And many times a 3 day auction will get by and almost always a 1 day auction will get through.

eBay may auto-detect the item if you list item name in the description. Non-named items would have to be reported by the above mention eBay evil ham nazi polizi, and it takes the slow sloths at eBay several days to act on reports....so the 1 and 3 day auctions get through before they can act.

Funny story... ha ha ... one time I sold one of these "banned" items, I guess it got reported, and eBay cancelled the auction a couple of days AFTER the item was sold ! All this did was remove the ability for the me & the seller to leave each other feedback as the transaction no longer registered.... but the auction went through, I got paid and the buyer got the item. I just though that was a strange occurrence.

LOL i sold 3 D&A amps i just put tape over the name on the faceplate and everyone of them sold with NO issues!!!! I did the same with a couple of Texas star amps as well.. BWAHAHAHA!

Shioda could right this wrong. (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.