• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

hr2510 power mod

critter

Oct 3, 2011
Hi, I purchased a HR2510 have owned it for years and have never talked on it, got it from a guy on QRZ, its like new in the original box, I looked a long time for it. I recently opened it up to look for mods, I should mention its a 1988 Taiwan Model, it has three mods that I see anti-talk back via the relay moded for 11 meters, also and MRF497 installed, my post is in regards to the MRF497. I see no other modifications in regards to the 497 other than it has a ECG340, my question is, why was the rest of the mod not followed? this mod is on Roger Birds modification page but is a very old mod from 1989, 73 amateur radio magazine, any feed back would be appreciated, are Roger Bird and Doc from Buffalo still around?
Thank you for you help
Scott

Last edited:

To be honest I would contact both of them and see if either of them will "touch" that radio for you. They are considered the nation wide 2510 gurus. If it is as mint as you say it will hold it's value well with a Doc or Rogerbird tune.

I think doc from buffalo is still around, I have seen a few eBay adds that have radios tuned by him, maybe a google search would yield the answer. Good luck and hope you get it figured out. God bless.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.