• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR2510 problem

OzarkJeep

Apr 26, 2005
I attempted to plug radio into my truck, popped the fuse.

I replaced fuse, tried again, this time a sizzle, then a pop.

now radio is totally dead, wont power up.

removed covers, I cant see anything visably burnt or shorted on the power leads.

the radio worked fine for a long time, and then just did this.

its been modded, by DOC, and has the chipswitch in it.

anything easy I can check? I can use a meter, and ID parts, and solder, but without seeing anything burned or touching, its over my head!

Thanks in advance!

ILL 2510

HI THERE HAS IT POPPED D152 (IDIOT DIODE) EXCUSE THE TERM, THATS AL I KNOW THEM BY!!ITS AT THE FAR LEFT BACK CORNER, IF YOU HAVE THE FRONT OF THE RADIO FACING YOU WITH THE TOP CASING OF THE RADIO OFF, I HAD ONE DO THE SAME SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A SHORT (CROSS WIRED) THEN PERHAPS REPLACED THE FUSE WITH ONE OF A BIGGER RATING, HOPE THIS HELPS. IF NOT GET HOLD OF ROGERBIRD, HE USES THIS SITE & HAS HELPED ME OUT LOADS OF TIMES, A VERY HELPFULL CHAP :D

Ill check that diode.

I didnt hook it backwards, I dont think at least.

I have a quick connect on the radio, and in my truck, and Normally just plug and play.

I wish it was fixed, it was my best radio!

Ill try and look up Rogerbird, he has advised me on the same radio before.

Thanks guys!

It that protection diode Im sure. That diode is hard to get to but if you look at the rear left where the small board stands on end it right there next to that board real tight spot. Heres a little trick as far as putting the new one in. You can install the new one on the foil (solder side) of the bord but NOTE THE DIRECTION of diode Im sure you may no but just incase the striped or (banded) end goes to the arrow side of the marking or labeling on the board and when you flip the radio to the foil side that diode has to be flipped opposite direction to compensate the reversing of the board marking when flipping it. It makes things much easier installing it where its easy to get to and replace. Good luck my friend.....Tony

Great post, thanks for the help.

I had the same problem and found out that the radio all over sudden shorted my fuses.
I ohmed out the power connector and noticed close to zero resistance which is quit the short. I did not notice the "idiot" 1/4 watt diode from minus to plus. I cut one side and it sure is defect.
Thanks again. :D

u had to plug in in backwards at 1 time. on the pcb there is a polarity diode on the board by the plug in replace it n should be good to go

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.