• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HS 200RE hand held scanner?

Blackpaw

May 7, 2011
SW Costal ME
Has anyone used or heard anything good or bad about the HS 200RE hand held scanner? It's a 200 ch scanner that is geared to the NASCAR race-fan group of people. I think it was custom made for a web-seller that catered to the race fans. It is based on a variation on this Strong Signals - RELM HS200, but came in red and has alpha tagging. I haven't come up with much on gººgle or on other CB/scanning sites like ours here on WWDX for actual user thoughts or likes/dislikes.

Here is a pretty complete review for the race scanner: Strong Signals - Racing Electronics RE2000Alpha Review

73's and thanks for any tips about this scanner

Greg

If Strong Signals gives it a good review then you know it's decent.

Those dudes are really into scanners and know their stuff.

I really don't care for the NASCAR stuff.

Thanks for the reply!

I have one in good condition in the mail to me......I hope....impluse fleabay buy....where I live, I get lots of intermod and RFI from a local hospital's VHF-hi paging systems on my curreny HH scanner and hope to eliminate that with a programable CTCSS/DSC capable scanner. Only down side to the scanner.....it's bright red :eek:

Looks like this scanner dates back to 1996 or so? Might be OK to use as intended for NASCAR races and found cheap enough... but you really want to go digital in this day and age if you want to monitor public services. Most metropolitan areas... at minimum... use analog trunking systems and even those systems are quickly becoming obsolete. Most metropolitan areas will be upgrading to digital systems within the next year or two.

Not sure what these scanners are selling for used... but you can find analog trunking scanners in pawn shops routinely for well under $100.

Radio Shack's digital scanners run about $300 when they go on sale once a month or so. You can find used ones on Ebay, in pawn shops, or at hamfests for $200 or less.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.