• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

hv power supply

stunner

Feb 9, 2006
sc
hv power supply question if you have a 2300vac at 3.5 amp's ccs transformer and wanted 4600vas at 3.5 amp's can you use a voltage doubler or will it change the amp's available and what would the voltage be with a doubler I think with a full wave bridge its volt's x 1.4

and less current available to use. All things being constant, anytime you increase available voltage you decrease available current.
Ed

so qrn it would be better to use a transformer with a higher voltage I have a peter w Dahl transformer with 2350vac 3.5amp's ccs but I need 3800-4000 vac 2 amps ccs to get close to 5000vdc under a lode should have paid closer attention to grand pa i think that's about what he said about a doubler circuit he was a greet amp builder I stayed in his shop all day win I could to help just cant remember doing a doubler with him thanks qrn 4 the help

Best regulation is obtained with a full wave rectifier.Just remember that the DC volts is equal to the AC voltage times 1.415 (the square root of two).The volts may sag a bit under load but it will sag even more with a voltage doubler,like twice as much.

transformer

just give peter dahl an email tell him what your requirements are and your set for a good wait not to mention the price hike

same thing going on here with building the modified sb-220 up to the 5tubers just getting a fixed price on a transformer is hard sure hate to quote a price to a customer then it be over that when it shows up

If your ooking for a good place to buy transformers go here.Great company and reasonable prices.I run them and they are great transformers.

Universal Transformer Company
411 Welch Drive,
Farmersville, TX 75442
(972) 784-7700
Ask for Chris or Mark

Texas mud duck I have a brand new peter w dahl Trans p/n sb-220-x2 1175vac 3.5amp ccs for 6 z tubes or maybe for 4 3cx800, 4cx800 or something that needs 3.5amps continues it was made for a high amp replacement Trans for the sb220 has the same primary taps and voltage as the stock one just a lot more amps fore 6 tubes it ways 70 ponds it needs a good home for sale or will trade for 3800-4300vas transformer

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.