• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hy-Gain SPT-500 Super Penetrator

They all very good...so i read, i have not used them ...it depends what you want/need which is best for you the i max has a very very wide bandwidth and i believe it handels a good bit of power, heard of folk putting more than 1kw.. The SPT500 will handle the most power the gain master the least..
imax very easy to setup and get in the air
which gets out the best in order Gainmaster, SPT500, with the Imax a close 3ed...but then in another location it maybe the other way round

I have two of the original P500's! Great antennas. One is new in the box. Im pretty tall, so one will be next to me in my casket!
Buy one you'll like it!

I replaced my IMAX 2000 with the Penatrator and what a difference in reduced noise. I prefer the Penatrator to an antenna that has a 14 gauge wire inside a hollow fiberglass tube.:D(y)

I've had all three antennas and the Gain-Master has the best signal in the distance. This 5/8 wave has a definite advantage over all other 5/8 waves and is why there is a patent on it. The improvement is not some extreme amount but it is noticeable. Anytime I can get a gain in signal while doing away 36 feet of radials is a nice plus. The Imax would be my last choice.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.