• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hygain clr-2

T-moose

Nov 17, 2014
Ok I have a few questions. I have two ground plane antennas that I'm trying to get in working order. The first one is an old hygain clr-2. I have built a new matching coil for it and after taking it down for the 15th time the lowest I've gotten the swr's was 2.7. Is there any easier way to do this? And the next antenna is the old super magnum m-117. And I dont know anything about it's matching coil or the overall length of the antenna. Any input would be great. Thanks.

Ok I have a few questions. I have two ground plane antennas that I'm trying to get in working order. The first one is an old hygain clr-2. I have built a new matching coil for it and after taking it down for the 15th time the lowest I've gotten the swr's was 2.7. Is there any easier way to do this? And the next antenna is the old super magnum m-117. And I dont know anything about it's matching coil or the overall length of the antenna. Any input would be great. Thanks.
Have you made sure coax plugs are ok? Midrange swr readings generally indicate a coax/plug/patchlead poor joint. Unless the coil is different to original. The CLR2 doesn't have massive whiplength adjustment, so coil needs to be accurately made and tapped.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.