• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I-10k 5/8 WAVE ?

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
Now from what I understand , these antennas go from 250.00 to 300.00 ??? What would be a fair price to sell a good used one for ? thanks guys

OK , I saw the link , 289.00 plus shipping. Hmmm , figuring 150.00 to 175.00 used in very good conditon ?? interesting

Switch Kit said:
OK , I saw the link , 289.00 plus shipping. Hmmm , figuring 150.00 to 175.00 used in very good conditon ?? interesting
I can get you $150.00 for it tomorrow. I just got a call tonight for a local who is tired of waiting to get one.

Here you go Robalo , but you can get other pics in the A1 Antenna section on the Forum. Hope this helps.
im002164fn5.jpg

im002165lk2.jpg

im002166bi7.jpg

im002167zl1.jpg

I thought you were kidding myself Blanket ? I thought you said something along the lines that you could get 100 bucks for the aluminum ? Sometimes things can be taken the wrong way around here and I doubt MC deleted your post if he didn't think you were just kidding around. Even though I never out and out said i was selling it , I was just looking for what a fair price would have been for a used one ? but yes , I am selling one but it would have to be picked up or met half the way for pick up. As long as your in So.Cal area Blanket and not to far off from me in Ontario and MC doesn't want it ? Your more then welcome to it. IM just not going to ship this beast at any cost,it wouldn't be worht my time and energy. Thanks

lords said:
if this is a great antenna switchKit ,may I ask why you selling it?

It's all about the money Lords .......plane and simple like , it's all about the money on anything I sell , in hopes the buyer will always be happy with ther purchases. I only run a mobile Lords , I haven't had a base set up since my divorce in 98. This is my hobby of choice , I make a few dollars on the side here and there and I do a little work for others on the side as well.
I personally wouldn't need anything this fancy for myself Lords , a good ole trusyt Alpha or ole Sigma would always get the jobs done for me. I don't live in 100 mile an hour wind terratory and it just doesn't have to be perfect for me . Perfect (if there's such a thing) tends to empty my pockets and takes the fun away for me. I truly appreciate your offer , but IM just not going to ship the thing.

Blanket said:
So I will ask again why does he feel the need to decipher/take my harmless posts meaning out of context, regardless the post was harmless and not against this forums rules...
He doesn't know. Why not ask me?

The post wasn't harmless. You made no indication that you wanted to buy it. I DID delete your post because in MY opinion you were doing nothing but stirring the pot......again. Its possible that I could have misunderstood you, but Switch Kit saw the same thing I did.

I am going to buy it and I wasn't trying to eliminate any competition......as I said, you didn't indicate that you wanted to buy it and called it $100.00 worth of scrap. (Actually, you would be lucky to get $30.00 for the antenna in scrap. I've recycled enough old junk to know.)

I few years ago things were all over the place in the ANTENNA forum. I spoke with Moleculo and he agreed to allow me to moderate this forum. I've done a bang up job to date.

If I had the "power of the pen", do you think I would continue to let myself be slandered out here? People have the right to their opinions, even if I think they are wrong. But some posts have only one purpose, and it not to further dialog.

Switch Kit said:
lords said:
if this is a great antenna switchKit ,may I ask why you selling it?

It's all about the money Lords .......plane and simple like , it's all about the money on anything I sell , in hopes the buyer will always be happy with ther purchases. I only run a mobile Lords , I haven't had a base set up since my divorce in 98. This is my hobby of choice , I make a few dollars on the side here and there and I do a little work for others on the side as well.
I personally wouldn't need anything this fancy for myself Lords , a good ole trusyt Alpha or ole Sigma would always get the jobs done for me. I don't live in 100 mile an hour wind terratory and it just doesn't have to be perfect for me . Perfect (if there's such a thing) tends to empty my pockets and takes the fun away for me. I truly appreciate your offer , but IM just not going to ship the thing.
not a problem dude :)

Master Chief said:
The post wasn't harmless. You made no indication that you wanted to buy it. I DID delete your post because in MY opinion you were doing nothing but stirring the pot......again. Its possible that I could have misunderstood you, but Switch Kit saw the same thing I did.

I am going to buy it and I wasn't trying to eliminate any competition......as I said, you didn't indicate that you wanted to buy it and called it $100.00 worth of scrap. (Actually, you would be lucky to get $30.00 for the antenna in scrap. I've recycled enough old junk to know.)

I few years ago things were all over the place in the ANTENNA forum. I spoke with Moleculo and he agreed to allow me to moderate this forum. I've done a bang up job to date.

If I had the "power of the pen", do you think I would continue to let myself be slandered out here? People have the right to their opinions, even if I think they are wrong. But some posts have only one purpose, and it not to further dialog.

Often, when someone asks for an opinion on a product, Happy_Hamer will say that it is garbage and they should send it to him for "disposal". Is calling this antenna scrap and offering $100 for it really that different? I don't think so, I think they are both harmless, serious or not. Being equal, they should either all be deleted, or all left alone. I think they should all be left alone.

I think you made the wrong call here. If you admit it and apologize, I don't think anyone will really hold it against you, but if you try to justify it and make it into a "people like me vs. people like you" thing, it won't look good.

You seem to be trying to make yourself out to be a victim by saying you have been slandered. Oh, poor you. But you shouldn't throw false accusations around so casually. Slander is a type of defamation that damages a person's reputation or standing in a community and to be defensible as such the defaming statements must be untrue, must be presented as a fact (as opposed to an opinion), and shouldn't be a fair statement on a matter of public interest. From what I've seen, Blanket's statements have been opinions and fair statements on matters of public interest, therefore they are not slander.

thetnhillbilly said:
Often, when someone asks for an opinion on a product, Happy_Hamer will say that it is garbage and they should send it to him for "disposal". Is calling this antenna scrap and offering $100 for it really that different?
His post was not tongue-in-cheek. Again, Switch and I both read it the same way.

thetnhillbilly said:
I don't think so, I think they are both harmless, serious or not. Being equal, they should either all be deleted, or all left alone. I think they should all be left alone.
They weren't equal and I thank you for your opinion.

thetnhillbilly said:
I think you made the wrong call here. If you admit it and apologize, I don't think anyone will really hold it against you, but if you try to justify it and make it into a "people like me vs. people like you" thing, it won't look good.
I don't think I did and see no reason to apologize for anything. As far as who people like and who people don't, that has nothing to do with this post and I've never made any such claims.

But since you brought it up, I LIKE BLANKET! He is passionate and does his homework. I've read his other posts and I believe he knows what he is talking about. We may not agree about gammas and hairpins, but that's OK.

thetnhillbilly said:
You seem to be trying to make yourself out to be a victim by saying you have been slandered. Oh, poor you. But you shouldn't throw false accusations around so casually. Slander is a type of defamation that damages a person's reputation or standing in a community and to be defensible as such the defaming statements must be untrue, must be presented as a fact (as opposed to an opinion), and shouldn't be a fair statement on a matter of public interest.
Maybe "slander" was too big of a word. Maybe I should have used, "beaten up." I'm no victim and I don't know where you are getting that from.

thetnhillbilly said:
From what I've seen, Blanket's statements have been opinions and fair statements on matters of public interest, therefore they are not slander.
Fair enough! 8)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.