• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I got my FMJ-259B

M

Metal Head

Ok, I jumped in head first. Some of this I understand and most I do not. I did figured out the standing wave part which is the main reason I got it. I unhooked my box and took a reading from the coax after the box to the ant. On channel 40 27.405mhz I have a 1.0 SWR (I didn't know that was possible), on channel 20 27.205mhz I have 1.2. On channel 1 26.965mhz, I have 1.4. I'm useing a 102" whip with a 4" spring with 50 OHM RG8/U coax. So I'm guessing this is ok.

The digital meter reads 1.2 SWR and the analog reads 1.4 SWR. What's up with that? :?

The reason for the Analoge reading differently than the Digital
reading is because 1 of them is giving you a false reading...

You also have a x= make shure the x=0 1-40 ch and the different readings will go away...

*NOTE= Remember the 259B sends a 1/4w signal through your coax to your antenna...
* and you are tuning for Frequency...

If you use 1-20 more than you use 21-40? set it for those channels...or visa versa...

AM POWER

What will change the value of "X=",and what is it?

On channel 20 "X=8"
On channel 40 "X=4"
Is this good or bad and how do I get it to "0"?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.