• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

i guess nobody wants to reply to the question about the m s6

Carl said:
there is no reason for you to be away from the standard 40 channels with that radio.
........No reason?...... 1, to get away from a congested 1-40 range. 2, the channels are in that radio (avoid the 10 meter band) so why not use them? 3, his choise.....is all the reason needed.

Carl said:
besides being against the law freeband channels are considered ssb frequencys, a non ssb radio doesnt make much sence.
.........Against the law? I'll go along with petey_racer on that one, no biggie there. I hear alot of freebanders on AM as well.....so freeband channels being concidered SSB only frequencies dosen't make much sense. Besides....all he was asking was some info on his radio, not laws or rules. With all due respect, most of us know the rules or laws.....we just make our own choises, good or bad. That's life ;)

PLUTO said:
Carl said:
besides being against the law freeband channels are considered ssb frequencys, a non ssb radio doesnt make much sence.
.........Against the law? I'll go along with petey_racer on that one, no biggie there. I hear alot of freebanders on AM as well.....so freeband channels being concidered SSB only frequencies dosen't make much sense. Besides....all he was asking was some info on his radio, not laws or rules. With all due respect, most of us know the rules or laws.....we just make our own choises, good or bad. That's life ;)

Like the guys in another thread here, would $10,000 be enough reason not to do it? :D No harm meant, but it sure would make ME think twice about going outside the 40! If what I am hearing thru the grapevine is true (and I believe it IS), those fines won't be the last ones. So, I don't know about you, but 10 grand would sure make me go quiet! :D

CWM

C W Morse said:
PLUTO said:
Carl said:

Like the guys in another thread here, would $10,000 be enough reason not to do it? :D No harm meant, but it sure would make ME think twice about going outside the 40! If what I am hearing thru the grapevine is true (and I believe it IS), those fines won't be the last ones. So, I don't know about you, but 10 grand would sure make me go quiet! :D

CWM
...............If the Gov. thinks that a $10,000 fine is a just penalty for me talking on 27.475.....so be it. Funny though, people convicted for drunk driving usually don't get that....along with stealing, certian crimes of violence, ect. Something wrong with that picture. I would understand the FCC busting someone causing trouble in the Ham bands or most certianly the public safety (fire,police,rescue,ect.) freqs. I would think that the Gov. would have more important things to pool thier resorces on, especally with the things going on in the world these days. Talking above 40, or below 1, endangers no one. Laws do change over time....the 21st amendment proves that. ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.