• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

i just wanted to say....

DRM1983

Jul 12, 2005
this forum is such a relief and a breath of fresh air from the run of the mill "CB myth making know nothing,all about the money cb chop shops" & the "unwilling to believe anything else other then seroiusly inflated antenna ratings,inaccurate watt meter readings and silly super tuned wacky radio mods" becuase thats all they ever heard of.....brainwashed i guess????

although its mostly truckers that could care less about CB as a hobby,as they are doing thier job making a living for thier family's....which is toatlly understandable....

i truly enjoy sorting through the informational post,and absorbing as much useful information as possible....

i would say atleast 90% of the 11m users in central OH,either do not own a personal computer,or have a personal computer and do not ever think to reseach(or atleast google,LOL) anything at all to they are told by other wannabe techs to verfiy or debunk the "cb myths" they have been told for years and years......i would image the information on the web forum could have saved alot of people alot of money....

its truly sad that the only thing most of the cb'ers in central OH know how to do is click the vol knob and crank the echo up......

how can someone consider themselves a cb enthusaist or hobbyist(i know that sounds funny)and not make a commitment to learning the right way the first time.....this is what ruins CB radio.....a bunch of confused and/or not so intelligent not willing to learn(is that a EGO thing)trouble makers that have to ingage in pointless power wars....... :roll:

since im only 23yrs old most of the old timers or newbies disregard what information i try to pass along becuase i dont work at a cb shop....which is very frustaring when trying to help people with radio/antenna issues....but i wont rape thier ears with useful information....i guess they would rather hear that their galaxy does some rediculous wattage on a junk meter or how they have a a99 with 9.9dbi...or how they get audio gain from certain antennas.....fine with me...i'll stay out of there way

sigh, i feel much better now.....thanks

You want to save the CB world 1983 ? Be my guest and let me know how it all turns out. Your right about "them" not having PC's and your right about "them" not giving a ratts a$$ even if they did , you felt the need to clear the air ? I commend you. Now with all that said , you can pretty much worry about what's in front of you and not about what Tom ,Dick and Harry have been doing on there cb's for decades , You know why ? They don't care what you think.Yes, it's good to be able to learn the do's and don'ts and why this works better then that does. Many do care 1983 and others don't or they never had a clue in the first place and the way they see it , it only needed to work for them. The more you try and tell them what you think the majority will pretty much tell you to take a flying leap, I guess you have learned that already huh ? Maybe your just laying judgement where judgement might be due according to you ? Hmmmm Do your own thing and enjoy your hobby 1983 , if CB ain't please'in you much you might look into Ham radio , hear tell it can be a bit more well behaved with a lot better equipment and so on.

oh and 1983 , no offence dude , folks mean well , even the ones that really don't have a clue are not all that bad , many are just having fun with there junk. ;)

Hey undertaker , I hear a good ENEMA does the body good once in a while. You know , cleans out all that un-needed bull -"$hit" ,toxins and vermon from ones anal cavity.I'd kind of like to think that the Forum has one regularly. Your not trying to say that they missed a spot are you ? IM sure they will have it under control in no time. :p

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.