• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I Love My Wife!!!!

BammBamm

Instigators ...173 on the southside.
May 24, 2010
Steger,Illinois
I was just surprised about 2 minutes ago by my wife who walked in the room and says " You know how all you got on fathers day was a cake and your fishing pole?" I said yes and she said "well the rest of it came today go look on the bed!" Laying on my pillow was my new Magnum 257HP. God I Love Her! Got to go as I am now taking her out for dinner and a movie!:p::p::p:

I have converted it by moving the jumper to con3 and adjusted the microphone up a little. I have talked a little to locals here and I am amazed at the receive of this radio. I don't like the sound of the internal speaker but I am using a adapter to turn mono into stereo and then into a Insignia 3 piece speaker system from my old computer and it sounds great. I thought about selling my 949 with a ps-8 power supply 100' of LMR-400 and a proton pt-99 base antenna to a local but with all the problems I've had with the 949 I'm afraid to sell it. And I do have a complaint about the 257, The mic is too small for my big hands. Thinking about buying an astatic mic and stripping it and putting the 257 insides in it?

Dont be foolish or waste your time!! Just call RF Limited and ask to buy a better replacement mic they will sell you the bigger style deltaforce microphone. Your better off leaving that mower mic on that radio that came with it. Ive messed with these and that stock mic was the way to go. You can adjust the internal variable for audio gain inside the mic itself. ;)

WR0220 :LOL: No my first marriage kind went that way but a little different you see I came home to find her in bed with her best friend. I am now married to my former babysitter! I like to tell people I traded in the 23 yr old for the 19yr old. I've been happily married for 6 years now. By the way Tony thanks for the advice on the mic I am dealing with this mic for now. And trying to save money as the wife Birthday is coming soon.

lucky man id say. yes the stock mic is the best for these magnums.
the newer 257s hp version has the delta/omega mike on them now .
id call/email rflimited and ask about it there customer service is the best
with the stock mic i find it soooo much easier to just turn it up all the way
then just ust mic gain on radio to do the final touch ups.i also turned
up the amc vr inside the radio wide open .and after all that my audio
is still 100% clean and understanable.the superstar 452 echeo mic was
the only aftermarket mic that sounded as good or close to the stock mic
all others i tried actually decreased the audio

WR0220 :LOL: No my first marriage kind went that way but a little different you see I came home to find her in bed with her best friend. I am now married to my former babysitter! I like to tell people I traded in the 23 yr old for the 19yr old. I've been happily married for 6 years now. By the way Tony thanks for the advice on the mic I am dealing with this mic for now. And trying to save money as the wife Birthday is coming soon.

I am sure you meant to say "Former" best friend. :LOL:

Congrats on the gift and great 2nd wife, just be glad you didn't have 32 years invested in your marriage before it came apart.

Evidently the 2nd wife is always better than the 1st one. :LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.