• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ICE STORMS CHICAGOLAND

We got lucky here in South Jersey, the line separating snow and rain passed well to the north of us, and we just got soggy.....

Some people love the snow, and some hate it. I don't really hate snow, but I prefer it not snow here. Working in emergency rescue services, snow just makes my job a whole lot harder, and causes a sharp spike in business....

Years ago the vast majority of people wouldn't even think of calling for emergency assistance unless there was a real serious need for it, these days we have people calling 911 because they broke a finger nail, twisted an ankle, or get a splinter in their finger....add snow to this mix and they call you to come shovel their car out so they can go get into a motor vehicle accident on the way to the store for milk and bread they don't even need......:glare:

Snow can be one of nature's great beauties, but for me it's a headache no asprin can fix.......:headbang

Ice Bad NIPSCO BADDER!!!!!

Got hit with the ice storm thursday nite, lost power at 3am friday morning. Did'nt get power back till 7:30 pm saturady nite. Have a big oak tree down accross my drive way. Chainsaw took a crap cutting up the tree 1/2 way thru. Now sunday and still have tree accross driveway.This sucks F kin' Big time!!!!Now with wife very sick an no family to get this shit done we will just have to deal on slow motion mode. Going today to buy a new saw, I HATE ICE STORMS!!! I will try an put up a couple of pictures. Stay warm and dry. and have a good holiday season.
Bandit169nwind,cdx169,2RSN004 INDIANA.

im about an hour south of chicago

ice1.jpg

Over an inch of solid ice on the roof, glad i took my antenna off :laugh:
ice2.jpg

Alien, what city you in?

Hey Hammer call me you got my cell and home phone number from before right? Bandit

Bandit, I will call you in the AM

We got ice real bad in Indiana as well. We had no power in the house from 11:00 AM on 12-19 till 8:00 PM om 12-23. The stores were wiped clean out of generatores, propane and Kerosene heaters, batterys.....you name it. I had to take it in the rear and buy the second to the last Honda 2000 watt generator for $999.00 they had....ouch. Had to though, the house got down into the 30's. That thing is very quiet and ran the furnace like a champ.

We got ice real bad in Indiana as well. We had no power in the house from 11:00 AM on 12-19 till 8:00 PM om 12-23. The stores were wiped clean out of generatores, propane and Kerosene heaters, batterys.....you name it. I had to take it in the rear and buy the second to the last Honda 2000 watt generator for $999.00 they had....ouch. Had to though, the house got down into the 30's. That thing is very quiet and ran the furnace like a champ.

I was thinking of getting one that runs on natural gas and starts up automatic on power out

Wow ! I feel for you southern boys down in ill. we deal with that crap all the time up here in the frozen tundra. And as far as people calling 911 for bovine fecal matter (stuck vehicles in the driveway) a few departments/counties started writing citations. Fond du lac co. will cite you now if your vehicle slid off the road and it ends up more than 100ft. from the road or on it's roof.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.