• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom T7h vs. Yaesu FT-60r

Yaesu FT-60, Yaesu FT60R 2 Meter HT

Icom T7H Dual Band HT

They look about the same. The price would be the tie breaker if the Icom T7H Sport actually had a high output rechargeable battery pack, and the only batteries that UR sells are the NiCad Battery Pack 7.2V 600 mAh, compared to the Yaesu FT-60's NiMH Battery Pack 7V 1400 mAh [as supplied]. That Icom batter cost more than the Yaesu battery too.

Also, if you look on the spec page for the T7H, the 6W is only for 13.8V, when you have it connected to an external power supply or your car. The transmit power with the 4 AA cell pack is probably only about 2W, the page doesn't state it. Yaesu radio has wider receive range.

I wouldn't get the Icom because of the battery that comes with it and option for purchasing an Icom battery to replace it. Someone else probably sells an aftermarket battery for it, though you would have to find it.

Yaesu FT-60R wins

I have A T7H and am very happy with it.VVT is correct about the battery pack,I
found a larger [ 6 AA pack] at batteries america.com.I also got a charger, and a
set of ni-mh aa rechargable batteries.It works great, does everything I want,
[so far],and for the price, I think I got a good deal.
Good luck with whatever you choose, And remember, have fun with it.

73 George, KD8HLY

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.