• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I'm back!

680MAINE

May 31, 2006
After being deployed off and on over the last 6yrs I've been away from the hobby for a while. Now that I'm back home for at least the next 4yrs I've got to get my shack up and running again. As well as replace some gear that I sold as I didn't want it to be sitting around and possibly taking a walk while it was in storage and I was away. I still have my 70amp power supply, my dosy meters, my bird meter, my misc parts box, a few 2 pill 2879 amps I had personally built, and my boat anchor 4tube 811a basket case. I will be looking to get a new radio, my last one was a Magnus S-9 and I loved that radio. I'm looking to get more of a rack style radio this time, i've always wanted a stone wall jackson so I'll be looking for one of them. I primarily work SSB, 38LSB as well as some of the"free band" when the skip is really good. I'm sure a lot has changed in the last 6yrs with new radios and what not. I'll be starting my new shack next week building cabinets and a work bench. Next month will be running coax and setting up the antenna. For now it'll be an a-99 till I can get my 6 element beam built, tower up, rotor installed. So much to do.

Reactions: 1 person

Wlcome Back ! Which brings me to a good question! All of the Rack style radios seem to be verry simular, i see the Stonewall is the most expensive but what radio out of these is built the best and has the best receive etc. and not just the most power an external amp can allways be used for that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.