• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IM HOME!!!!!!!!!!

dxhound

Nov 17, 2006
Well ladies and gentlemen, after a year long deployment in Korea Im back in the states!!!! I just purchased a 2000ft square home in Crestview FL built in 2005 with 4 bdrms and 3 bath rooms on 1.1 acres and a two car garage.

So I plan to start building my shack soon.

Ive decided on an HF9V Vertical
and 200Ft of LMR 400

In the shack I havent decided on my main rig as of yet.
I sold my Icom 746 before leaving but I was never satisfied with the SSB audio quality

The rigs im considering Are
TEN TEC ORION 1
Icom 756 pro11
ft 9000 contest

And I only want one AMP the TEN TEC 425 TITAN!!!!

I still have alot of my equipment
Yaesu FT 101E
TEN TEC 238B Tuner
Yaesu FT 817
Yaesu Ft 857
Yaesu ATAS 120a
LP 100a Digital watt meter
GALAXY 2527
Uniden Washington
(2) HR 2510
(2) Magnum Delta force
RCI 2950dx
RCI 2950
SuperStar 3000
Galaxy 93T
Connex 4300 & FC30 BT FREQ counter
Texas Star 500V
Fatboy 3 pill
Jetstream 45 amp switching PS
Astron 50 amp PS
Echomaxx 2000
Galaxy 100fc watt and freq counter
Aries SWR 460
Tektronix 100 mhz scope with freq counter and VOM
And my MACO V5/8 vertical. BEST ANTENNA THERE IS!!!!

And Im sure there are a few things im missing. But I plan to have a real nice setup. I will likely be thining my collection a bit down the road since most my 11 meter talking is done on the ft 101e. and the Ten Tec amp will deff be replacing the other two. What I do pride myself in is keeping my rigs clean!!! All mentioned above, are LIKE NEW except for the superstar 3000 which was given to me for parts and I ended up fixing it haha.

Well Im just rambling now. Just excited to be home and able to talk on the air again!

Ill post pictures of my setup when I get it rolling!!!

Welcome home hound, sounds like a nice place to set up your shack, and you certainly got plenty of stuff to get you started again.

I think if I had the money and opportunity, I'd go all Ten-Tec.....

Keep us posted on your progress......(y)

Thank you all for the Warm Welcome home. And Its my honor to serve!!!

I just added to my collection, I now have 3 HR 2510s, a HR 2600, Galaxy 77 and a Midland 79-290

I think I have a problem!

You're allowed....you served us all, and we certainly won't begrudge you an extra radio or two, or three, or four, or...........:D

Well I should be thanking you for being a fireman! My father was a 27 yr capt in Baltimore city. and drove there every four days from our home in Ocean city MD. So I know what you guys go through! And how much you appreciate a good fart joke!!!

Welcome home DX, I have always wanted to go to Korea but, heard it's miserable there. Instead I get sent to the largest cat litter box in the world. I have the Pro II at home and love it. Audio is great but, just have to play around a bit with settings. There is a monitor button to monitor your audio. Good luck with the new home and shack

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.