• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I'M LOOKING FOR A 10 METER RADIO OPERATING ALSO ON THE CB BAND OF 11 METERS

cuccioloneus

Aug 25, 2011
Hi everyone,

i'm an Italian man having a postal address in the US and what i'm looking is a 10 meter radio mobile or base station operating also on the CB frequencies(11 meters) covering the entire 11 meter band. I know that some 10 meter ham radios need to be modified to cover also the 11 meter band.
I'm interested to own one of them! Is there someone of you who could help me? I have seen a 10 meter radio Connex Saturn CX-33. Do you know if this radio covers all the 11 meter (CB) band?
I would be grateful if you would provide me a list of 10 meter radios covering also the entire 11 meter band.

Thank you.
Giuliano

the RCI 29xx series will do you right . many "10 meter exports" dont have side band and most of the few that do are said to drift off frequency badly .

and welcome to the forum :)

Seems RCI 29XX and most Magnum radios are what your looking for, if you use SSB stay away from the Galaxy line, they are fine on AM but drift a lot on SSB, I'm a Magnum 257 or Omega Force fan they are a very good SSB radio that will cover what your loking for

VIRAGE VX-38

I have a VIRAGE VX-38.High/ med/ low power. A.B.C. Bands i guess you would call it? AM. FM.And CW.I think.I was told it has a RANGER BOARD in it.Dont know what kind:confused:.You can split the A.B.C. With the high low switch.Dont know the FREQ. Never had a counter on it. Make offer:unsure: 73.coathanger 713 N.E. P.A.:closedeyes:

Remember that the Italian mains voltage is 220 VAC. Any base station purchased in the U.S. may not work at that voltage.

Your best bet then is a mobile, with a local power supply. May I assume you need SSB? Your choices are quite large. Depends on the features you need. Do you need full 10M coverage right to 29.700 MHz? Do you need repeater splits?

Any so-called "export" or "10M" radio will cover the entire 11M CB band. Depends how far down in frequency you wish to go. Some "export" radios only go to 26.00 MHz, some only go to 25.165 MHz, some go all the way down into 12M (24.500 MHz). Some only go up to 29.655 MHz.

How much power do you want on SSB? 25W?, 100W? 200W?

I think you need to narrow down your requirements so we can help you better.

Remember that the Italian mains voltage is 220 VAC. Any base station purchased in the U.S. may not work at that voltage.

Most if not all 11m base stations are dual voltage, either 220v ac + 12v dc or 110v ac + 12v dc. if i recall many are dual 110/220v ac and dc as well.

at worst i doubt it would be rocket science to transplant another psu into them, let's face it most come with borderline rated psu's or even worse nowadays noisy switchmode psu's.

if worst came to worst on one that's only ac you could find the connections +/- on the board where the dc from the psu connects and disconnect it and fit your own dc input jack on it, they are all mobile 12v dc radio boards fitted in a bigger chassis anyway.

RESPONSE MESSAGE TO BOOTYMONSTER

the RCI 29xx series will do you right . many "10 meter exports" dont have side band and most of the few that do are said to drift off frequency badly .

and welcome to the forum :)

Dear BOOTYMONSTER,

i have read your response to my message and buying the radio you have suggested RCI-2970DX seems to be a good idea! I have checked online dealers and unfortunately this is a 10 meter radio working only on the 10 meter and 12 meter bands,but not on the intermediate 11 meter band. There is a web site selling this radio,that is http://www.powerbypreacher.com
I hope to hear from you shortly.

Thank you.
GIULIANO

Go RCI 2950DX which is a 35 watt output radio or RCI 2970DX which has easy 150 watt output.

Dear TonyV225,

i have read your response to my message and buying the radio you have suggested RCI-2970DX seems to be a good idea! I have checked online dealers and unfortunately this is a 10 meter radio working only on the 10 meter and 12 meter bands,but not on the intermediate 11 meter band. There is a web site selling this radio,that is http://www.powerbypreacher.com

Thank you.
Regards.
GIULIANO

not to sound like a jerk but any RCI anything has a very easy mod for 11 meters I am a Magnum fan but the RCI 29 whatevers are just a jumpper wire away from 11 meters and the wire comes with the radio if purchased new

MESSAGE TO TONYV225

Go RCI 2950DX which is a 35 watt output radio or RCI 2970DX which has easy 150 watt output.

Dear TonyV225,

Thank you.
Giuliano
GIULIANO

RESPONSE MESSAGE TO VA3ES

Your best bet then is a mobile, with a local power supply. May I assume you need SSB? Your choices are quite large. Depends on the features you need. Do you need full 10M coverage right to 29.700 MHz? Do you need repeater splits?

Any so-called "export" or "10M" radio will cover the entire 11M CB band. Depends how far down in frequency you wish to go. Some "export" radios only go to 26.00 MHz, some only go to 25.165 MHz, some go all the way down into 12M (24.500 MHz). Some only go up to 29.655 MHz.
I want a complete radio having AM,FM,USL and LSB; side band is important to me
How much power do you want on SSB? 25W?, 100W? 200W?

I think you need to narrow down your requirements so we can help you better.

There would be no problems to me to purchase in the US, BASED 10 meter radios working also on the 11 meter band,since that in Italy i have step/down current transformers 220VAC TO 120/110 VAC. Regarding the radio wattage for me would be good 150 WATT, 200 WATT or more.

Thank you.
Giuliano

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.