• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Imax 2000 swr and static problem

ahanway

333/AKA Tripple 3
Aug 1, 2010
Nampa,Idaho
I just cant seem to get my Imax 2000 down at a good reading on my meter,it has 75 ft of br400 and 2 6ft jumpers and 1 3ft jumper in to driver and main 4 pill with the rings all the way at the bottom.I had the ground plain kit on and it made the swr jump up about three on the meter and the antenna was grounded at the plate of the base of the antenna and it was horrible.I had to take the ground plain kit off and ground the antenna at the bottom of the mast but before I took the ground wire off and I removed the Ground plain kit I have picked up a lot of static the comes and goes from 1db to 3db to 5db plus.I have been fighting swr issues with this whole setup since the ends were bad on br 400 when I recieved it from sparkys I replaced and I had 1.5 with all amps on with my old 100ft of rg 8u and then I put my br400 on and it went to 1.7 and swung backwards to 1.4 ish so I put imax up at 36ft and then I checked after I finished as the storm rolled in and swr's went in up to about 2.0 ish. I just dont know if I should take the antenna down and coax/jumpers and start all over again sinced I like to acheive the best swr with a 2x8 will be on order here real soon.I have never had such a hard time with setting swr and a little power.I dont know what the next step is now?:headbang:confused:::censored::confused:

Remove the linear and jumpers first - then re-check your SWR.
Just run the radio, coax, and antenna together.

If this basic setup checks out all OK; then your jumpers may be faulty,
Or the input impedance in the amp is wrong and may need repair.
Or both.

Assuming that there isn't something wrong with your SWR meter or radio.

Last edited:
I will give that a try and see how it goes.I would like to get it to it's sweet spot before I order my toys.Between my crappy amps look at my older posts you will under stand and the crappy soldering on all coax from sp@r#k&s I"am going nuts.

i agree with robb. about removinh ALL amps and only 1 jumper for swr meter
if ya can get a hold of a mfj 259b that would be best.id USE the gpk it suppose
to lower the noise.it may affect your swr raising it slightly but should be able
to tune it to around 1.2-1.3.what your swr on 1 and 40?

Ya I had done that all and no change.I have went threw every sanerio and came out with no good luck.Today I finally had enough and took the Imax down and the br400 coax and put back my 9 month old maco v5/8 and my rg 8u and it tured out very good ch1 1.2 ch20 1.1 and ch40 1.2 so i have full out put and awsome ears like I use to have.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.