• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

In dash CB speaker.

Mike337

Jan 8, 2012
Sterling, VA
My Ramcharger has a 4”x10” speaker hole in the center of the dash that is empty. The stereo speakers are in the doors and sidewalls. I was thinking about using this for a CB speaker location.

I have read a few threads off some sites but I'm not finding much. Has anyone done this? Does the CB have enough power for the speaker? (200w) Will I need some kind of amp? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Look at the speaker in the CB radio, and see what the impedance is. Get a speaker of the same impedance, and install it. You don't need a 200W speaker, the CB does not put out that much power. Get a speaker from an auto parts store, just an el cheapo is all you need. The impedance of the CB radio is going to be either 4 or 8 ohms, pretty much standard. It may not need to match. Don't use an amp, it won't hurt anything if you do, but you simply don't need one, a CB radio is not a high output sound system.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.