• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

In need ot a Sanyo 2sc2999

larryb

Jan 16, 2011
De Forest, WI.
Need to buy a REAL 2sc2999. I know I can find one on Ebay but that there is a lot of stuff coming out of China that may be marked with the part number but it is not the real thing.

Does anyone have a source for a real transistor?

I have checked with Allied, Jameco and Mouser elect and they do not carry it.

Larry

There is a guy on ebay that is selling a fairchild kit. I installed that kit in my 148 and it really works well. The receive noise level is much lower after installing his hit. He says that it has better amplification than the 2sc2999 and that is why I went with it. The transistor that is normally in the 148 has better gain than the 2sc2999 also just a little higher noise level so I went with the one that I felt would better match stock gain wise with less noise. The instruction sheet sent with the kit was very well written and it has two of the transistors but I went ahead and used the one I removed instead in the other spot instead of the new one.
I also bought one of the other kits that used the 2sc2999 and will try it in a different radio for comparison later.

Thanks for the link, they have the part I need for $.34 each. Thats the good news, the bad is they want $8.95 to ship it to me.

I think I might as well buy one off of Ebay for the $4.95 and that includes shipping.

The reason I am asking this question is that I did get a RX RF upgrade kit (2sc2999 and 4 low noise diodes) after installing them or 2 weeks and then I started getting intermittent static and jumping S meter.

My though is the 2sc2999 I put in is going out on me.

Larry

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.