• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Independent Truckers Shutting Down April 1st!

All that is gonna do is fuel the need for Mexican trucking companies to take up the slack.

An owner operator paying his own fuel, insurance, truck payment and permits is very costly. Shutting down for one day will do nothing for them. It is a useless gesture in my opinion.

Shut down

I am not a TRUCKER but I will be effected by the outcome of this just like everyone else!!!! I live in NEW YORK I talk to truckers on the Tappanzee and George Washington Bridges all the time fuel and toll prices are RIDICULUS especialy here in this Liberal State!!!:D

Last edited:
You don't believe for one minute the large companies are paying the same prices for fuel as OO's do you? No, they contract fuel at the large truck stops for a smaller price so that the stops can stay in business and they get all that truck company's fuel purchases and that dictates the freight price, lower haul price = lower freight prices and the OO cannot stand those prices and is forced to either shutdown or join those large truck entities.

All it will do is decrease the profit margin of the large company slightly and raise the consumers end of the transaction and the oil companies will make there's at a slightly later time.

They talked about doing this before and fuel prices are still high. If it was going to make a diffrence everyone would have to not buy fuel for that day. Chances of this happening are slim. I like another idea I seen on another forum and it was to not buy fuel from the biggest oil company witch is Exxon/Mobil for the rest of the year. Also was one not to buy and fuel from companies who buy their oil from over seas. Still not enough people taking action though on any of those ideas to make a diffrence.

Shut gown

Buying fuel or not buying fuel is not what this is about!!! Its about JOE SIXPACK not being able to buy his shit everyday at the store and a one day shut down is not going to do it!!!

Anyone who does not support a shutdown of truckers is a fool!

Now let me tell you why.

Everything and i mean everything you sleep on, live in, drive in or eat was at one time in the trailer of a truck. Anytime the expenses for us go up so do the prices you pay in the store, you like paying $5.00 for a gallon of milk and $3.00 for a loaf of bread? You all should be behind us for the simple fact that no one is behind you in trying to get the high cost of oil down and because we are the largest work force in the US we do have the power to make the oil companies change there ways, but only if we all stand together!

We are all getting raped by the oil companies and because of their greed and the governments incompetence we are in a rescission. Do you know that there have been no new refiners built in the US in the last 30 years.....even though Exxon posted over 40 billion in profits last year. Did any of you pay attention to the cost of gas and diesel in these last few weeks. When oil went nuts diesel shot up over night but gas stayed pretty much the same and even though oil is down to around $106.00 a barrel diesel is still $4.00! The reason for this is that big oil knows that the American people would go ape shat if the gas they use in there day to day lives would go high ( $4.00 for reg ) over night but since truckers need fuel and will not agree on anything they think that they can take advantage of us with no repercussions, which for the part is true and that needs to change!

The government is making money on this hand over foot and they will not do anything to change things. Now if 10 thousand trucks were to park it for 72 hours they would have no choice but to do something because people would be raising hell that there products are not where they should be. There is no reason for oil to be this high! It was reported by an annalist on CNN that oil should be $70.00 to $80.00 not over $112.00 and it's well known that if big oil would build new refiners here in the US that would bring the prises down but because of that they will not do it.

Will a strike help anything? It's not clear but i would like to think that if at least some of the American people would take a stand then government would see that we will no longer be taken advantage of by the very people that we elected to take care of this counrty and it's people!

Shut down

Amen brother you got it!!! After all this is our country!! Unfortunitly we have fools running it right now!!!! Be very carefull whome you vote for!!! The choices are not that exciting!!! But do vote!!

This whole thing sounds like one of 'those' prediction. Why would anyone, or group, pick 'April Fools Day' for doing anything seriously? Sure makes it kind'a hard to believe, doesn't it? Guess I'll find out tomorrow.
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.