• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Installation

to install in your head liner what I would do is.

1. get measurements of the radio, and make up a template out of cardboard and stick it up to the headliner to see how it would look.

2. You got a couple of choices on how to make your pod, you can make something out of some cabinet quality plywood, HDF(high density fiberboard), or some cheaper wood and cover it in body filler to get the shape you want, then coat it in some fiberglass mold release, cover in fiber glass let it set and remove now you have a mold for your pod. coat it again with mold release, place your fiberglass inside your mold w/ your bracketry to hold the radio in the pod, let it set and remove paint or cover in your choice of carpet, vinyl.

3 cut your head liner to the opening to what you need, after you've removed it to see what you have to work with. you can then attach your pod to your headliner w/ staples, and cleats of wood to attach it.

Mounting a radio in a truck

A few years ago I had a full size GMC Jimmy. (aka Blazer) I went with a simpler idea for it.
I went to the local hardware store and bought a length of aluminum flat stock I think 1/8” thick by 2” wide. I measured between the sun visor mounting brackets and drilled matching holes in the aluminum. If you measure right the aluminum is soft enough to bend to match the contour or your roof. When that fit right I held the radio up to find where I wanted it and marked it for the mounting holes for the radio bracket.
After mounting the radio I hid the wires under the headliner and it worked out very well.
Nice thing about that is when I sold the truck the aluminum mounting bar was just unbolted from the sun visor brackets and you could not tell it had ever been there.
Just another idea to think about. Hope you find an idea that works for you and most important of all is get the radio and antenna installed and enjoy talking with it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.