• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

interceptor 10k

byron81ward

Jan 6, 2013
Just put up my interceptor 10 k a week ago and i am truly amazed with this antenna im only up 23and feet to base of antenna and have talked every where and my receive is amazing cant wait to get it on my 60rib foot tower does just wondering if anyone has feedback on these antennas

Reactions: 1 person

There is a lot of information about this antenna that is archived history in this forum.
I have no experience with that antenna, but I have read a lot of personal accounts of people who have owned one and they say it's just about the best.
Hope you got some really good coax to go with it.

Well you've got one hell of a well-built antenna there, I just hope you didn't waste $200+ getting that instead of the Penetrator500 ($150) since they perform about the same until you get into higher power than the P500 can handle, or live in areas where the wind hits 100+mph.

Does anyone know if there's any truth to the rumor I heard that Jay was no longer producing the I10k?

They are a extremely well built antenna, almost indestructible...almost.
I know of two that have failed due to extreme weather related events, but again they were extreme.
It is a 5/8 wave ground plane antenna with a hairpin match that allows you to set the vertical to length and then let the matching section do what it is supposed to do.....match the antenna.
If you live in a place that has some real nasty weather it is about the best built vertical antenna around, also great for remote locations were you need a dependable antenna.
It is expensive.
One of the members here, King Cobra CDX 882 , has been in contact with Steve ( Jays Partner ) It seems he is getting together a list of buyers and has told him he will be making a production run.
Best bet is to call Steve ( From the I 10K web site ) @ 661-256-6976 and ask for more information.

If you talk to him, let us know.

Jeff

An Excellent Antenna you got yourself there Byron

Quite likely the Best Vertical Out there for 11 meter groundplane.

Mine Worked Great for many years..
Weathered a few quite bad storms
(both hurricanes and extreme nor eastas )

Finally was taken out by recent Hurricane Sandy
(which only came down due to 6 hours of sustained 95 MPH and Gusts to 125 MPH )

Many people on this forum can attest not just how strong it is built..but how well it gets out and receives .

I have no complaints about mine after 3 yrs now. It's up on a 40 ft tower and is still working great!.

interceptor10k.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.