• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Interesting Cell Phone Booster

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
If this thing works as advertised, I bet it will catch on and you will see them everywhere. Cell phone booster states works with most phones. Power TX & RX amplifier with mag mount antenna. 12V plug in for mobile, different model with accessory kit for home or office use ( has wall wart). Claiming 20 times boost in signals. Already at major retailers like Wal Mart and Best Buys. Ads on TV. Best Buy online price is $99.

Here is a seller on eBay for $89

Wilson Sleek

815226 Wilson Sleek Cell Phone Cradle Signal Booster | eBay

Great idea and I think is reasonably priced. We'll see from reviews if it works as advertised. I would be interested in getting one or two.

Reactions: 1 person

Most of the cell boosters are snake oil as they are a "passive" unit.

This is an active, powered unit and works exactly as it claims.

You can get them cheaper at Amazon and other suppliers.

I have used one of these, for about 5 years.

Dual-Band (800/1900 MHz) Mobile Wireless (801201)

Product Details

It is definitely the best "Cel Phone Money" that I have ever spent.

I am all over the U.S. and most of the time in remote locations. The only place that it was useless, was in a state that didn't support my cel phone company. (SouthDakota)

If you are in a "Crowded" area, like Southern Kalifornia, it probably isn't worth it, though.

The only thing that is bad, is my own fault....I wired it to stay "turned on" or energized, even with the ignition in the off position. If I don't start my truck, for a week, and I don't turn it off, it'll drain both batteries.

I ironically had just seen these listed from one of my radio distributors when looking at their site tody.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.