• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

INTERFERENCE FILTERS????????

excavator701

May 23, 2005
a freind of mine is bleeding into his neighbers tv we ordered a hp1 from vectronics and installed it on there tv helped very little so we changed coax put all new coax and moved the antenna and got the antenna higher 50ft!!, with still no difference so my question is deos anybody out there make high pass filters that can go right to the antenna or hook straight to the back of an amplifier or something cause hes already spent a lot of extra money trying to solve this issue with no prevail and i am all out of info to help him!!!!!!!! he wanted to go with low pass but i told him there only good forgetting rid of interference comeing into the antenna system i hope i told him right!!!!

How many watts is your friend running and how close to the neighbors does your friend live?

When, a device designed to receive input signals at micro-volt levels is placed in the field of operation of a device that transmits a kilo-watt signal for thousands of miles, the receiver will be overloaded by the transmitter.

I agree ,how many watts are being ran here ? what kind of antenna is it ? (99/2000) damned bleed sticks !! The Radio ? how is it tuned ? Hopefully no clips ? New Coax ? what kind ? (9913 is the best or close to it,213 is a decent step below that) Pedd said grounding ? Rabbit ears on that TV set ? Cable ? ......it might just be something easy like piping down the power and the audio somewhat ? ....about a month ago ,a freind of mine was coming over his neighbors computer speakers , (the speaker wires were actting like antennas) just made a coil with the wires closest to the speakers and that took him out of them , there are different tricks for different situations , the fun part is trying to figure them out ? Bleed over and TVI suck !! being a radio operator over the years , it has been my biggest nightmare concerning my neighbors...I surely do not miss that part of my hobby in the least. (I don't have a base at this time )

that could well be , but in my past trials and tribulations of TVI and bleed over problems ,it usually only would happen to me once I hit the switch , more so then not . )-: it can be a combination of things some times.

peddler says it right,hook a LOW PASS filter directly to the amp.ground everything,filter,radio,amp,even meter box if one is used,won"t hurt.he needs a 8ft copper pole buried to where just 3 inches is sticking up.some people use a pole for each but thats extreme for me.

run a good ground from his antenna also.when my antenna was up just 35ft and after i did all this i cut the bleed over to about 90% and my system was only affecting the computer in other room.before it was messing with tv and surround sound.

i was still worried about the neighbors so i eventually raised my antenna up to 100ft.so low and behold theres no bleed over in my home and after checking with neighbors theres no problem there.(the transmitt and receive are awsome at that height).

i understand not everyone can go that high so at least try what i mentioned before.not everyone beleives in low pass filters but from my experience i beleive they help.your filter HAS to be rated HIGHER then whatever watts your friend is putting out.

I like MTI filters. They went out of bussiness but can be found somtimes on Ebay. Drake makes a good one I hear also.Bencher YA-1 is suppose to be really good also but will cost you more.

loop

pushed for time'' but a hi pass filter ferite is good as near to the tv as poss or look in amateur radio books how too make a faraday loop its basicly a reverse outer inner but its all dependant on the coax coil diameter=freq to make the loop work .

could be coming in on the ac line too....if the neighbor will help troubleshoot....disconnect the tv antenna from the tv,turn the tv on ,key up the amp and see if it picks up the interference?
may need a ac line filter at the tv...(and one at the radio/amp !)
then try all three...ac line filter,the hi filter and the low filter and if none of that don't work ....take the neighbor and the 12 ga. out in a field ........LOL :twisted:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.