• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IOTA - Whats the Scoop?

C2

Aug 3, 2005
What's up with the guy always selling Iota supplies on ebay for a reduced price?

"These items are brand new overstock. Because they are inventory clearance they do not qualify for Iota's warranty."

I'm thinking these units are really factory rejects just because he gets so many of them. It's like he gets a run and sells them off on ebay, then gets another run a while later...it's been going on for a long time too.

I just don't see Iota regularly producing extra units, then offing them for cheap without warranty to some guy to sell on ebay. But I could see them offloading rejects like this.

I wonder what's wrong with them?

I bet that's just it. They were probably rejects and he fixes them and sells them for cheaper without warranty. I've never heard of anything that was "overstock" that didn't have some kind of warranty. Or maybe they are sales samples that have been used in a demo environment and can't be sold as new?

If I wanted to use a lesser expensive power supply, I'd probably just get a Pyramid and have a warranty. I've used a 14amp Pyramid for years and never had a single problem with it.

I just got the idea that a good switching supply would be better than a linear supply.

The Iota is about 1/2 the price shipped than the Pyramid.

Well..

I Got my 45 amp power supply via Ebay some 3.5 yrs ago

I have never had a problem with mine.

is is a 12 volt unit..
But can be set to 13.4 volts (not 13.8 .. if i remember right) which they claim is to charge batteries

maybe the guy works there and he is stealing them .this does happen ya know.theft from the workplace is very commonplace.

how about a link to these iota deals?

I just got the idea that a good switching supply would be better than a linear supply.

The Iota is about 1/2 the price shipped than the Pyramid.

Maybe those on eBay, if they are switching supply's (I'm not familiar with the Iota brand), are customer returns. Switching supply's often create RF "hash" which can be quite annoying in a quiet receiver.

-

Last edited:
also they are 12 volt not 13.8
Wrong, the 2 iota's I've purchased from ebay are adjustable from 13.8 to 15.2 volts.

moleculo said:
I bet that's just it. They were probably rejects and he fixes them and sells them for cheaper without warranty. I've never heard of anything that was "overstock" that didn't have some kind of warranty. Or maybe they are sales samples that have been used in a demo environment and can't be sold as new?
Wrong, the 2 iota's I've purchased from ebay had a full factory warranty.

C2 said:
I'm thinking these units are really factory rejects just because he gets so many of them. It's like he gets a run and sells them off on ebay, then gets another run a while later...it's been going on for a long time too.
Wrong and not, most are either overstocks or end of series, the 90 amp and 50 amp switchers I have do not have any
2CO3026 said:
Switching supply's often create RF "hash" which can be quite annoying in a quiet receiver.
WRONG

Maybe those on eBay, if they are switching supply's (I'm not familiar with the Iota brand), are customer returns. Switching supply's often create RF "hash" which can be quite annoying in a quiet receiver.

-
i went thru that recently .7 pounds of noise soon as it was switched on .
couldnt hear .big bummer .it was a 100 amp switching supply.had to sell it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.