• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

is 2 mobile antennas better than 1??

southerntrucker

rebel child
Jan 29, 2012
texas, the good ole south
I kno this may sound retarded but I'm just curious to ask if running two anteannas is better than running just one. I'm currently using a K-40 verrsion of the preditor 10K. It works pretty good. Got the r's down to a 1.0 swinging to a 1.2. But if it would help me get out any further I was thinging about hooking another one up along with the one I have. I just thought id ask before I spent my money and it didn't help any. I also thought about running dual 102in whips too. Not sure which would be better. Any help and or advice is welcome. Thanks eveyone.

Southertrucker.

http://www.firestik.com/Tech_Docs/SNGL-or-Dual.htm

That is a rather simple explanation of a cophased antenna set up.

I would suggest you google cophasing antennas and read as much as you can about it. It involves more than sticking a second antenna up and running a T off the back of your radio.

I pull double pneumatic trailers. The tall Beall 725s. Before I cophased there was times when I would be running the lead up a twisty hill to the cement plant and my radio would just fade out to the trucks less than 1/4 mile away. The signal was caught between a mountain side and 13'6" of aluminum.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.