• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is Wilson Antenna Closing

I called Barjan this morning. I asked the man on the phone if it was true that they were going out of business. I heard a gunshot then the phone went dead. He never did answer me so I guess this is all just speculation.

The new antennas will have a far superior coil made of hardened re-fried beans and the whips will be made from stone ground corn complete with dingo ball antenna topper which also acts as a corona tip

Whats the story here, rumor has it Wilson Antenna is going under. No one seems to have anything in stock, they stopped doing warranty replacements, and now I hear they are going out of business? Can this be possible?

I want to introduce myself to the gang on this forum and dispell any rumors about the Wilson brand going out of business. My name is Gary Hill and I am the director of the Mobile Communications division at Barjan. I have been with Barjan since May of 2006 when Barjan acquired the Astatic product division from Omnitronics. I came across the is thread from a business associate and I thought it was important to set the story straight.

Barjan owns three of the strongest C.B. antenna & accessory brands in the market place today Astatic, Wilson, and Francis. We are located in Rock Island Illinois and have over 650,000 sq. ft. of warehousing and manufacturing in Rock Island and East Moline Illinois and Reno Nevada. We are the largest supplier of general merchandise to the truck stop and travel center market in the US and Canada. Along with being the largest supplier to the truck stop market we are also are the largest supplier of C.B antennas and accessories in the US and Canada. Our Astatic, Wilson and Francis products are in over 3,000 truck stops and over 800 dealers in the US and Canada.

It is true we are experiencing some problems on delivery on certain items and this is due to one problem and one problem only. Many Of our raw material components suppliers have not survived the difficult conditions in the current economy and we have had to re-source many of our raw components. This process started immediately after we became aware of our suppliers situations and difficulties. As you know Wilson has always took pride in the caliber of products we supply to the market and finding replacement sources for raw components takes time. We are on the back side of this process and will be at full capacity by the middle of April. Our supply situation is getting better everyday and Barjan is fully aware of how important it is to keep supplying quality products on a timely fashion to the market.

I just want to make sure that everyone is aware that the Wilson brand is not going anywhere. In fact we will be introducing new products under the Wilson, Francis and Astatic lines later this year. Our goal is to continue to grow these brands with good quality, innovative products to fit our customers needs. Hopefully this will help in clearing up any rumors that are in the market place.

Thanks,
Gary Hill
Director- Mobile Communications
Barjan LLC

Gary,

I believe the Amazer was the 8FT version. I believe when Barjan purchased Francis from Bob they discontinued them right away for some reason. It was by far the best performing Francis Antenna.

Gary,

I believe the Amazer was the 8FT version. I believe when Barjan purchased Francis from Bob they discontinued them right away for some reason. It was by far the best performing Francis Antenna.
If it's worth a hoot then it's not worth producing I suppose, You can't sell em if they don't break.

Exellent news and remember, don't do like Turner did and let quality slip when you aquire new parts suppliers. Thanks for the up-date.

I want to introduce myself to the gang on this forum and dispell any rumors about the Wilson brand going out of business. My name is Gary Hill and I am the director of the Mobile Communications division at Barjan. I have been with Barjan since May of 2006 when Barjan acquired the Astatic product division from Omnitronics. I came across the is thread from a business associate and I thought it was important to set the story straight.

Barjan owns three of the strongest C.B. antenna & accessory brands in the market place today Astatic, Wilson, and Francis. We are located in Rock Island Illinois and have over 650,000 sq. ft. of warehousing and manufacturing in Rock Island and East Moline Illinois and Reno Nevada. We are the largest supplier of general merchandise to the truck stop and travel center market in the US and Canada. Along with being the largest supplier to the truck stop market we are also are the largest supplier of C.B antennas and accessories in the US and Canada. Our Astatic, Wilson and Francis products are in over 3,000 truck stops and over 800 dealers in the US and Canada.

It is true we are experiencing some problems on delivery on certain items and this is due to one problem and one problem only. Many Of our raw material components suppliers have not survived the difficult conditions in the current economy and we have had to re-source many of our raw components. This process started immediately after we became aware of our suppliers situations and difficulties. As you know Wilson has always took pride in the caliber of products we supply to the market and finding replacement sources for raw components takes time. We are on the back side of this process and will be at full capacity by the middle of April. Our supply situation is getting better everyday and Barjan is fully aware of how important it is to keep supplying quality products on a timely fashion to the market.

I just want to make sure that everyone is aware that the Wilson brand is not going anywhere. In fact we will be introducing new products under the Wilson, Francis and Astatic lines later this year. Our goal is to continue to grow these brands with good quality, innovative products to fit our customers needs. Hopefully this will help in clearing up any rumors that are in the market place.

Thanks,
Gary Hill
Director- Mobile Communications
Barjan LLC

bring back the m6b and D104 base mic.

Barjan facility

By the way, Barjan does have a state of the art distribution facility and a great group of people who work there. It's amazing to see the amount of product that moves through there on a daily basis. I would agree, Barjan's not going anywhere either.

I heard K 40 I think it is buying them out of BR... K 40 is Big in all Truck Stops etc.. so it makes sense.. Marketing is what K 40 does well.. google it and K 40 pops up all the time consistently ..

By the way, Barjan does have a state of the art distribution facility and a great group of people who work there. It's amazing to see the amount of product that moves through there on a daily basis. I would agree, Barjan's not going anywhere either.

That's what Circuit City Said.

WILSON

Whats the story here, rumor has it Wilson Antenna is going under. No one seems to have anything in stock, they stopped doing warranty replacements, and now I hear they are going out of business? Can this be possible?

Looks like a few dealers got the wilson 5000 magmounts in stock last few days as ours just came from Copper after 2 months wait (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.