• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

It happened and the sky didn't fall!!!!!!

yama junk owna

Apr 5, 2005
Well the code testing is gone and the sky didn't fall, Hell didn't freeze over, and all the of's haven't sold all their gear or turned their tickets back into the FCC. Should have happened 30 years ago is all I can say, that bunch on qrz beats all I have ever seen, they really are giving ham a good name! Just think if someone that hadn't heard of amateur radio stumbbled onto that site while all this nonsense is going on boy sure would encourage them to want to get into the hobby wouldn't it?
Got a question for CWM, when you was talking to Riley did he tell you the day this was going to happen? Oh I'm sorry you are one of the one's that said it wouldn't happen sorry :?

yama junk owna said:
Well the code testing is gone and the sky didn't fall,

Yet.......(the rule change has not taken effect), this schism will get bigger before it heals itself. All of those NCT's holding CSCE's will still have to file to be upgraded, I can hear it now, a NCT with a "/AE" call in the extra class sub-bands.

There needs to be a "Hetrodyne" measurement taken on all the bands with the "Know-Code'ers" before the changes go into effect and compare them to after the "No-Code'ers" get access to them. When I say Hetrodyne, I mean it literally and figuratively.

The accepted "language" on the HF bands will change over night from "Hi Hi" and FB, to 10-4 Roger!

All right before Christmas, what a present to all from ARRL / FCC!

yama junk owna said:
Well the code testing is gone and the sky didn't fall, Hell didn't freeze over, and all the of's haven't sold all their gear or turned their tickets back into the FCC. Should have happened 30 years ago is all I can say, that bunch on qrz beats all I have ever seen, they really are giving ham a good name! Just think if someone that hadn't heard of amateur radio stumbbled onto that site while all this nonsense is going on boy sure would encourage them to want to get into the hobby wouldn't it?
Got a question for CWM, when you was talking to Riley did he tell you the day this was going to happen? Oh I'm sorry you are one of the one's that said it wouldn't happen sorry :?

Show me WHEN *I* said it would never happen. I believe you are making up quotes I never made. IF I did, I'll own it. But I didn't SAY that! WHAT I DID say is, I was not all that crazy about it. So WHERE have *I* been moaning about it anywhere on the web? Since the R & O, I have made not ONE comment either way. Put up or shut!!! :D ;)

CWM

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.