• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Italy

Sonwatcher

Apr 6, 2005
Colorado
I made my first long distance contact as a General Class. I talked with IU2P in Italy on 20 meters. This was with 100w using my Tuner on my asp-350 aluminum groundplane :)

Hey Ron thats a great contact........it sounds like your enjoying HF :D I know i'v been spending alot of time on 20/40m. I also made 3 great contacts last nite on 20m.........2 JA's and 1 station from Hawaii all between 7:00 & 7:30pm pst. Not much luck into europe yet.
73 Stu

Europe is coming in really well right now on 20. I heard a guy from Germany and one from Austria. As far as enjoying HF, I love it ! Wish I would have done this years ago. Man it's neat ! DX everywhere ! :LOL:

BTW this all done with Kenwood ts-520 with 125 watts and a homebrew parallel 20/40m dipole up 25ft to appex and ends 10ft off the ground.

Damn Ron you sound as excited as i am...........i haven't left the HF bands since my upgrade :D We will have to set up sked sometime soon.
73,Stu

Boy Ed ! I have been hoping you would stop in ! I would sure like to get to talk to you on the air. I remember how I used to couldn't wait to get home from work to catch "765 in the dump truck " LOL ! It would sure be nice if us you, I and Stu could work a sked out :) I'll keep in touch once we get something together.

Same here, freq and band doesn't matter as I have antennas for each band. So whatever works best for you guys.
KC0PZE

Yellow Jacket, general class ham licensce or better will get you on all the HF ham bands including 20 and 40 meters. Hope that answers your question.
Ed
KC0PZE

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.