• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I've struck STRYKER!!! (and hurt my knuckles)

DTB Radio

Sep 14, 2005
Carlisle, PA. USA
www.dtbradio.com
My promised Stryker proto came in today. I haven't finished playing by a long shot, but so far, I like what I'm seeing. With a supply voltage of 14 volts, I'm seeing 60+ PEP. VERY nice numbers. At 13.8, Its about 58, which is still head and shoulders above anything else comparably priced that I've seen. Modulation is phenomenal, at least as good as any Magnum, and from what I'm seeing, better. Definitely the best modulation I've seen on a radio yet. And, since the basic underlying circuit is VERY close to the standard Galaxy/Connex/General etc, the same AMC modification for timing works VERY well.

My test set-up is as follows:

supply voltage 13.8 and 14 volts, fed through 4 feet of #14 stranded copper wire to the radio. Measurement is via a Bird 4314B for carrier measurements, and an oscilloscope - computer software arrangement for PEP calculation.

I havent fully tested the receiver yet, but I'll post when I do.

Just in time for the Hoilday's. Well if this radio is what your saying. It just might be my next radio.. Please keep Posting on this New and Up comeing radio..
Thank's Tom

I wouldn't be afraid to run an amp on this. If tuned PROPERLY, the low power setting will be ideal for driving 2 or 4 pill units.

As for guts, yes, its close to alot of other exports, but the modulation circuit, in my opinion, is the best out there right now, bar none. The circuit board is alot tougher than the average board, too.

Can't post any opinion on receive yet, still testing that one.

Pics and run down of goodies please. It is highly possible this one could be in my price range. Incidentally, I PM'd you, your email did not work for me. Later Ken

Could the new radio be compared side by side with othe radios in its price and/or feature range? I would definitely be interested in seeing such a comparison. I already have a Magnum S-6, used to run a Galaxy 66, and have been thinking this would make a nice new toy. Just have to put up my Ranger 6300F25 for sale to raise the dough. . .if the Stryker is worth the bucks. (I'm thinking it is)

Yes. My proto's receive circuit had a factory goof-up in it, though, so my receive tests are not going to be usable as a basis for deciding whether to buy it or not. That said, what I DID see, even with the problem, was on par with an old Galaxy or old Connex. I havent had time to really play with the receiver to see if I could work around the problem.

The last word I heard was about 10 days to Strykers being available.

King Mudduck said:
The few shops that have one are saying that they look just like a magnum inside.I dont know myself but from the few posts i have seen on different forums are saying they are the same thing,no better no worse.Time will tell.

Different final, different board, different modulation circuit, different receive circuit, different designer.

Have these few shops actually SEEN one yet?

Master Chief:

Yes, a few techs have seen them, including myself and Justin at CE, as Northstar mentioned. There were three production prototypes, but I'm not sure who saw the third. My understanding is that it ended up with a distributor, but I do not recall which one. DAS is jumping to mind, but I don't think thats correct.

The few shops that have one are saying that they look just like a magnum inside.I dont know myself but from the few posts i have seen on different forums are saying they are the same thing,no better no worse

That cracks me up. There's a total of 3 prototype radios, and the public knows where 2 of the 3 went. The reason that the other shops or forums are saying that is because they want you to buy what they already stock. Just like every other sales person on the planet....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.