• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Japan and China and more this morning

MR.DX

Mar 25, 2012
At about 4:00 this morning (Yes I got up that early) I was doing some AM DXing. I went through the AM Band twice until 5:30 where I got board of AM and decided to do some SW DXing, right off the bat I got a Chinese Station at 609 MHz. Then at 6.12 MHz I got a Portugese Station, after that I got a Japanese Station at 6.28 MHz. Followed by another Japanese Station at 9.64. However, after that the signals started to get weak and I stopped.
Also, keep in mind that I did not copy the callsigns, as the sun was rising quickly and I wanted to get as many stations as I could

looked the stations up last night I found what china's station the others I could not
6.09 MHz is Radio Free Asia,

Just to let you know, Radio Free Asia does not broadcast FROM Asia but rather TO Asia from somewhere in North America I believe. Their business address is in Washington D.C.

I remember one time I was excited about hearing Radio Free China from Taiwan. Then I found out it was being rebroadcast as part of a time share agreement from Radio Canada International's global shortwave site in Sackville New Brunswick about 60 miles due north from me. :headbang

Just to let you know, Radio Free Asia does not broadcast FROM Asia but rather TO Asia from somewhere in North America I believe. Their business address is in Washington D.C.

I remember one time I was excited about hearing Radio Free China from Taiwan. Then I found out it was being rebroadcast as part of a time share agreement from Radio Canada International's global shortwave site in Sackville New Brunswick about 60 miles due north from me. :headbang

While most of RFA's programming is recorded here in NA, I don't think any is transmitted from here.The report side of the QSL below lists some of their transmitter sites as of 2011.

0325559f.jpg

eb274e0f.jpg

E-mail your reception report to qsl@rfa.org, or send it by regular mail to: Reception Reports:

Radio Free Asia
2025 M Street N.W., Suite 300
Washington, DC 20036
USA

Last edited:
While most of RFA's programming is recorded here in NA, I don't think any is transmitted from here.The report side of the QSL below lists some of their transmitter sites as of 2011.

0325559f.jpg

eb274e0f.jpg

E-mail your reception report to qsl@rfa.org, or send it by regular mail to: Reception Reports:

Radio Free Asia
2025 M Street N.W., Suite 300
Washington, DC 20036
USA

:oops: Well I'll be darned. I must have them confused with another station. Entirely possible as I have not done much SWLing in the past several years. Thanks for the correction. I know a lot of stations time share program time slots instead of build their own overseas relay stations.

Good Dx !! SWL Dx has been a little slow here in south Texas and my noise level has been high....slow tuning and good ears!:D
if i could speak spanish the AM Dx here would be good , my long wire sloper is looking mostly south! darn shame the SW band has had so many stations shut down over the last few years. back a few years ago you never know what you would hear.....still some great things out for us who still turn the dial. SWL is a lifelong hobby.....i started with a tube standup cabinet then a old zenith then.... too many to recall all of radio's....most from flea markets and second hand shops.
wish i had kept all the qsl's, station pennants and letters....stupid move on my part getting rid of them... i had one letter signed by the head or president of the nicaraugan contras! letter started out "Dear Revolutionary Friend"....went on to run down the US and how great it would be IF we the USA did not jamb all his radio comms!! would give a few IRC"S to have it back.....oh well good to see someone still SWL DX's.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.