• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

JB2000 blackcat base amp

hey everyone,on this 3 box style amp my driver is a 60 watter.i"m topping out at 1450 watts.iv"e kicked around the idea of a little bit bigger driver.a friend of mine has the same amp and has a 100 watt driver.he peaks out at 2000 watts with his.

i know with these type of amps you don"t want to push them to hard.those 2 big 500 glass tubes get pretty warm.my box has a extra big built in second fan to help.the company that made this setup,wawasee electronics i guess is out of buisness.

if i decide to go ahead and want to get say at least a 100 watt driver that will work for this amp does anybody here have any suggestions where and what kind?

Look around for something like a D & A 250 Mavarick or a 150 Varmit, a small tube amp (one driving two or something like that) is what you need.

hi JustinDePolis,thanks for the reply.i"ve had responses just about the same from other good people like one good guy here,(nomadradio),he"s even sent me pics on my jb2000 on what could happen if it gets to hot.

it does make alot of sense in not taking a chance of melting this amp just for a couple of extra 100 watts or so.with my antenna being up 100 ft i should just be smart and leave it alone.

are you saying 1450 peak, or on a bird meter?
i have an L4B that i drive with a 200 heathkit and get 1000 watts on the bird. if i drive the heathkit with a jb150 i get another 500 out. this is the thing though, i never need this much power unless someone wants to try me. when talking local i never use more than i need to talk 100 miles, usually the jb150 gets the job done for local talking,so the 500's never, ever get too hot because they are not needed 95% of the time. oh yeah, my set of 108's 90 ft up doesnt hurt either. good luck with the blackcat...

hey buckwhite,the 1450 is just regular watts. don"t know what the bird watts are.one of these days i"m going to have to get one of those meters that will tell me bird watts.

with my M800 2 driven 8 davemade in my mobile i"m topping out at just about 1500 watts.like to know what the bird is on that one too.

if a person got the better tubes for JB2000 base amp where would he find a JB150 driver?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.